• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I would Love To See Jake Delhomme Be The Guy

Guest RT81

For whatever you think of Jake's abilities, it's really reaching to suggest that he isn't a nice guy and great teammate.

If you're against the idea that a nice guy like that ought to have a ring, I think you'd have to be considered a hater. There's just no logic to it.

If this is directed toward me then I never said anything remotely like that. I know Jake is a great character guy and very respected by his teammates. I have no problem with him getting a ring and would be thrilled if we got one with him at QB just like I would be with anyone at QB. I don't hate the man, just find the ball player to be overrated.

Ehh I guess I am too used to AK's over the topness in either direction on most topics. It isn't exclusive to JD.

I don't know that other dude's posts well enough to discern whether he is exaggerating for good or bad reasons.

CS I wasn't really referring to you BTW.

I also think Ben gets way too much credit for the Steelers success as well. He's got a great defense and run attack and just has to not lose games. My point wasn't that you can't win with a QB like Jake. It's that Jake was by no means the biggest reason we made it to the Superbowl. Our defense and run game were the biggest reasons but Jake seems to get all this credit for just being average and lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Hell, I don't think there is a Panther fan alive that believes Delhomme is the only reason we went to that Super Bowl, but by the same token, there is not a chance in hell it would have happened with Peete or Weinke.

If this is directed toward me then I never said anything remotely like that. I know Jake is a great character guy and very respected by his teammates. I have no problem with him getting a ring and would be thrilled if we got one with him at QB just like I would be with anyone at QB. I don't hate the man, just find the ball player to be overrated.

You complain and whine way to much, the guy is a compeitor whether you like it or not so don't just bash him for the wrong things he did, but praise him for the good things he did. Like helping this team get to the Super Bowl, or actually giving the Panthers a good Quarterback since the days of Stevie B. I mean I bet if Peyton Manning or Tom Brady was the Panthers Quarterback you would still find something to complain about. Forget about last season's playoff preformance and look toward the good years to come with Fox and Co. in this great organization known as the Carolina Panthers. Alright that is all.

You complain and whine way to much, the guy is a compeitor whether you like it or not so don't just bash him for the wrong things he did, but praise him for the good things he did. Like helping this team get to the Super Bowl, or actually giving the Panthers a good Quarterback since the days of Stevie B. I mean I bet if Peyton Manning or Tom Brady was the Panthers Quarterback you would still find something to complain about. Forget about last season's playoff preformance and look toward the good years to come with Fox and Co. in this great organization known as the Carolina Panthers. Alright that is all.

I'm just the counter balance to the never ending praise of the man. I don't think Jake sucks (most of the time), but I also don't think he's anything but average in just about every measurement available (no W-L is not a QB stat). I know he has "leadership" and "fire", which in a lot of peoples mind makes him above average, just not in my mind. I'll forget about last year when you forget about 2003. Deal?

I'm just the counter balance to the never ending praise of the man. I don't think Jake sucks (most of the time), but I also don't think he's anything but average in just about every measurement available (no W-L is not a QB stat). I know he has "leadership" and "fire", which in a lot of peoples mind makes him above average, just not in my mind. I'll forget about last year when you forget about 2003. Deal?

I already have because I know if any quarterback is gonna lead the panthers to the super bowl again it will be Jake Delhomme.

And that's all I am, the counter balance to the haters that go on and on and on. Most people who support Jake know and admit that he's average, not elite, but we have a system that supports that skill set, (most, there are a few who go overboard). You've proven to me that you're not a "real" hater, just a little toward the negative side from my point of view. That's OK, a lot of people are that way, no problem from me...

And deal, I haven't brought up '03 in years, haven't even thought about it unless it's brought up here in discussion.

As long as Jake is our guy, I'll root for him.

Yes, it would be nice if he could actually get the job done.

He'll get another look at it this year. I have a feeling that our ultimate success or failure this year will come down to Jake's decision making.

Archived