• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I would Love To See Jake Delhomme Be The Guy

Guest RT81

That is true right there, before Delhomme came to Carolina. We were the version of this years Detroit Lions. (We went 1-15) and then Jake Delhomme comes in and BAM!!! Two years later were in the Super Bowl!!!

15th ranked scoring offense

16th ypg offense

7th ypg rushing offense

18th ypg passing offense

8th in sacks at 26

19TD to 16INT sub 60% completion

also had 15 fumbles with 6 lost

10th ranked scoring defense

8th ypg defense

9th passing defense

11th rushing defense

2nd in sacks with 52

Now which had more to do with our success in 2003? Finally having a top 10 running game? Having a top 10 defense with the 2nd best pass rush in the league? Or having a QB that turned it over more than the touchdowns he threw and had a sub 60% completion? Don't give me that crap about 4th quarter comebacks. If he had played better the first 3 quarters we wouldn't need them. Jake was terrible in the first half that entire year with a sub 70 QB rating.

Or having a QB that turned it over more than the touchdowns he threw and had a sub 60% completion?

Well which is it, you can't have it both ways? You clearly show that he threw 3 more touchdowns than interceptions and then boldly state that he threw more interceptions than touchdowns. It's common knowledge among coaches and players that a 1 to 1 ratio is perfectly acceptable. Now I don't defend him. I learned that lesson a long time ago, but obvious lies to support the hate isn't right either...

Well which is it, you can't have it both ways? You clearly show that he threw 3 more touchdowns than interceptions and then boldly state that he threw more interceptions than touchdowns. It's common knowledge among coaches and players that a 1 to 1 ratio is perfectly acceptable. Now I don't defend him. I learned that lesson a long time ago, but obvious lies to support the hate isn't right either...

I said more turnovers, not interceptions. 6 fumbles lost + 16 interceptions = 22 turnovers. 22 > 19

wow-

this thread proves that fans will bitch about anything,....

You got that right, because if we do win a Super Bowl it will be with Jake (He will probably be a Panther until he retires), people just need to be happy for the guy when his time comes. However people will still complain if Jake has an amazing Super Bowl game and throws 4 td's and 1 int. People on this forum will still say he didn't deserve it because he threw 1 interception. Go ahead and mark it down when the Panthers win a Super Bowl people on this forum will still find something to complain about.

15th ranked scoring offense

16th ypg offense

7th ypg rushing offense

18th ypg passing offense

8th in sacks at 26

also had 15 fumbles with 6 lost

10th ranked scoring defense

8th ypg defense

9th passing defense

11th rushing defense

2nd in sacks with 52

Now which had more to do with our success in 2003? Finally having a top 10 running game? Having a top 10 defense with the 2nd best pass rush in the league? Or having a QB that turned it over more than the touchdowns he threw and had a sub 60% completion? Don't give me that crap about 4th quarter comebacks. If he had played better the first 3 quarters we wouldn't need them. Jake was terrible in the first half that entire year with a sub 70 QB rating.

I don't think Big Ben had the greatest stats in the world last year either, but he did make clutch plays, which is exactly what Delhomme did in 03, including the Super Bowl. As Fireball already pointed out, even Peyton Manning and is high flying offense, needed his running game and his defense to bail him out in order to finally get his ring. In fact, how many Super Bowl winning QB's can you name who's team had a crappy defense?

I don't think Big Ben had the greatest stats in the world last year either, but he did make clutch plays, which is exactly what Delhomme did in 03, including the Super Bowl. As Fireball already pointed out, even Peyton Manning and is high flying offense, needed his running game and his defense to bail him out in order to finally get his ring. In fact, how many Super Bowl winning QB's can you name who's team had a crappy defense?

I also think Ben gets way too much credit for the Steelers success as well. He's got a great defense and run attack and just has to not lose games. My point wasn't that you can't win with a QB like Jake. It's that Jake was by no means the biggest reason we made it to the Superbowl. Our defense and run game were the biggest reasons but Jake seems to get all this credit for just being average and lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

I also think Ben gets way too much credit for the Steelers success as well. He's got a great defense and run attack and just has to not lose games. My point wasn't that you can't win with a QB like Jake. It's that Jake was by no means the biggest reason we made it to the Superbowl. Our defense and run game were the biggest reasons but Jake seems to get all this credit for just being average and lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Jake wasn't the main reason, but it's just as wrong to minimize his contributions, especially in the Super Bowl itself.

The Panther defense was pretty well manhandled in that game. The run game was going nowhere too. It wasn't really until the passing game got going that the game actually became competitive. Regardless of how you think we got there, Jake was bigger in that game than the run game or the defense.

I'd also add, at the risk of getting flamed, that the coaches should have shifted the ground attack more to DeShaun Foster than Stephen Davis in that game. The Pats seemed to have Davis' number, but had a tougher time with Foster.

Would an "I would love to see (Fill in the blank with any other player on this team)" thread wind up as flaming for that player either? No.

It's asinine to outright flame in this type of thread.

No one is saying one player is/was the reason for this team's success including the OP. All he said is he would be happy to see the guy get a ring. Please stop seeing things that aren't there to fuel your agenda/hate/whatever.

For whatever you think of Jake's abilities, it's really reaching to suggest that he isn't a nice guy and great teammate.

If you're against the idea that a nice guy like that ought to have a ring, I think you'd have to be considered a hater. There's just no logic to it.

Would an I would love to see (Fill in the blank with any other player on this team) thread wind up as flaming for that player either? No.

It's asinine to outright flame in this type of thread.

No one is saying one player is/was the reason for this team's success including the OP

Pleas stop seeing things that aren't there to fuel your agenda/hate/whatever.

You mean statements like;

Delhomme MADE this team a contender, he deserves to cement that into history.

or

That is true right there, before Delhomme came to Carolina. We were the version of this years Detroit Lions. (We went 1-15) and then Jake Delhomme comes in and BAM!!! Two years later were in the Super Bowl!!!

Your right, I must be seeing things.

Archived