• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I would Love To See Jake Delhomme Be The Guy

Guest RT81

I mean seriously guys. Who would want a guy who is only rated usually 15 out of 32 or so. It doesn't matter that he wins twice as much as he loses, it is the team not him. All those 4th quarter heroics and 2 minute drills to win are all about Smitty and couldn't happen with a guy like Fitzgerald or with Antonio Bryant.

Just because his TD to Int ratio is 3/2 and his ypa is over 7 is irrelevant. It is everyone else making him look good and he couldn't replicate it anywhere else.

And he sucked in the playoffs..............................

DId I miss anything??????????

Wanted to make sure we covered every topic and brought it out since every thread ends up that way when started by................

Just sayin.........................................

(sarcasm off)

thanks for the neg rep douchebag..

I guess I can throw you in the bin with the rest of the mindless snugglers who cannot appreciate views other than your own. Thanks for making it easy for me

no prob. get the grocery bag off your head and realize that the point is that it'd be nice for delhomme to be able to win the superbowl with the team because he's a legitimately good guy - a team guy, a character guy, dedicated as anyone else on the field.

that's FAR from a defense of his playing abilities (which could use some work.) That's why you got neg repped. If you're going to rip on Delhomme, do it in a thread that's discussing his QB mechanics or decisions-making abilities, not one wishing a Lombardi as a reward for his dedication.

i really don't get why some people are fans... they seem to hate the team, the coaches, the philosophy, the people on it and the people who root for it.

why?

pick up another team - the end... not so hard. are you the same guy that dates all sorts of women you get along fine with and then ends up marrying the one you're at the throat of constantly? do you need to hate to love?

jake deserves a bowl

Here is why.

There is a portion of the fan base that do not like the conservative style of Fox ....ie game management/clock control/field position etc..

Some of us hope one day to have an exciting offense like the Colts or the Patriots. We have never had a QB like Manning, Brees ,Brady,Warner etc...that can wing the ball 30-40 times a game.

Some fans hate that ....some fans like that kind of offense.

Right now we have a great backfield, so I am not all gun-ho for a passing offense. But a lot of us want a new QB like Cutler who can wing the ball around the field. There is nothing wrong with fans who want to win 42-17 rather then 20-17.

With all that being said, a win is a win.

If fox can pull that off with Jake-hell yeah.

We dont love to hate...we love to win. We just have different point sof view on how to get that done.

i really don't get why some people are fans... they seem to hate the team, the coaches, the philosophy, the people on it and the people who root for it.

why?

pick up another team - the end... not so hard. are you the same guy that dates all sorts of women you get along fine with and then ends up marrying the one you're at the throat of constantly? do you need to hate to love?

jake deserves a bowl

Haters hate. That's what they do. They are only happy if they piss you off and complain about everything. Narcissism at it's worst.

Delhomme MADE this team a contender, he deserves to cement that into history.

I concur,

but we are like the old Janet Jackson song. "What have you done for me lately"

He is the reason we WERE the Cardiac Cats. I have seen him suck it up all day and come the 4th quarter when we needed him the most he came through.

Jake deserves a ring as much as anyone to ever wear the Panther uniform.

On a side note... ELWAY doesn't deserve to be on this list. If he hadn't of Cried his way out of Baltimore the Colts might still be in Baltimore and the legacy of great QB's might have been intact. Instead he whined and cried "I will play baseball before I play for Baltimore" Too bad that Sorry S.O.B. won anything.

Jake's pretty well liked and respected in the locker room, so I'd be willing to bet a lot of his teammates would share this.

For my part, I was always saddened that Sam Mills never got a ring, especially since he came so close. But if the Panthers win a Super Bowl this year or in the next few years, his son will.

(and if that happens, I'd pay to see the moment when they hand it to him)

Here is why.

There is a portion of the fan base that do not like the conservative style of Fox ....ie game management/clock control/field position etc..

Some of us hope one day to have an exciting offense like the Colts or the Patriots. We have never had a QB like Manning, Brees ,Brady,Warner etc...that can wing the ball 30-40 times a game.

Some fans hate that ....some fans like that kind of offense.

Right now we have a great backfield, so I am not all gun-ho for a passing offense. But a lot of us want a new QB like Cutler who can wing the ball around the field. There is nothing wrong with fans who want to win 42-17 rather then 20-17.

With all that being said, a win is a win.

If fox can pull that off with Jake-hell yeah.

We dont love to hate...we love to win. We just have different point sof view on how to get that done.

How is that working out for the Saints. Great offense, sucky defense. You have to spend the money one way or the other. Few teams have a great offense and defense. Offense scores points but defense wins games. I would rather be 12-4 with what we had last year than 8-8 and what New Orleans had last year.

How about Denver with Cutler? Another 8-8 year as well. Think the Bears are going 12-4 this year with Cutler?

Most teams that are winging the ball 30-40 times a games are behind and trying to catch up. I would rather be running out the clock at the end than slinging it in a hail mary.

Exciting doesn't always equal successful. Hence the reason that Indy has 1 Superbowl with Manning. And you can chalk that up to Meek's defense coming up big that year.

And yeah everyone compares themselves to NE and wants a Brady. There is only one Brady however. Not exactly something every team can have.

Exciting passing offenses don't win SBs. I can't believe you want that NG, when you watched your exciting offensive team lose 4 SBs because your QB played poorly in most of his playoff games and your offense underachieved.

Even with the rules set up to favor offenses, passing Os don't win SBs. Great D still beats great passing O.

Before anyone brings up the Colts in 2006 or the Rams in 1999, a little look at the defense's playoff performances (and in the Colts' run game in that stretch as well) are in order. There was only one game each where those two team's offenses had to outscore the other team in a shootout. And in that game for the Colts, the D made the play to seal the game (2006 AFCC).

Archived