• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I would Love To See Jake Delhomme Be The Guy

Guest RT81

how about all his crap we had to put up with?

Jake getting the sentimental vote is laughable to me. He would not start for any other team.

There are many teams he would start for, so the statement has no validity other than picking on a newbie. There are not many good QBs in the NFL. I've said many times he's a middle of the road QB, but that's all we need and a middle of the road QB will be wanted by a lot of teams if we don't want him. Can I see him getting us to a Super Bowl, well yes, yes I can. Can I see him helping us win a Super Bowl, well yes, yes I can. Let's let it roll and see where it goes. We can look for a franchiser next year...

Jake getting the sentimental vote is laughable to me. He would not start for any other team.

I Disagree Jake may not be the best qb in the league but its not a qb in the league I would rather have in the 4th quarter with the game on the line than Jake He is Money in the 4th quarter when it counts.

I think Smith, Muhammad, and Coach Fox deserve a superbowl ring the most.

EDIT:

And JR of course

I agree they all deserves a ring I'm just saying I hope jake is our qb when we win our first.

Wow. I get upset with Jake too but he does deserve to win a Ring. It's not like he doesn't put his heart into it everytiime he steps on the field. Just because he's not a top 10 QB doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it. What other QB do we have that deserves to win a ring with us? McCown? Moore? :smilielol5:

There are many teams he would start for, so the statement has no validity other than picking on a newbie. There are not many good QBs in the NFL. I've said many times he's a middle of the road QB, but that's all we need and a middle of the road QB will be wanted by a lot of teams if we don't want him. Can I see him getting us to a Super Bowl, well yes, yes I can. Can I see him helping us win a Super Bowl, well yes, yes I can. Let's let it roll and see where it goes. We can look for a franchiser next year...

hey I'm willin' to roll with it. I support him. He is the choice. It's not up to me. This thread was about him being some sort of sentimental favorite and almost earning a ring as some right of passage or something and I strongly disagree. He is a long way from NFL players..even on this team..that can be considered as deserving of a ring or paid their dues. Why it matters that he gets us there is pure snuggling and nothing more. I obviously do not like that and don't like jackasses like Planiversal thinking they are allowed to pass judgement of fandom based on my statements.

I am not pulling against him, I just think it's silly to pull for him like some victim underdog when he has had some of the best rosters in the league over his career (not every year) to hide behind and hasn't even got any better as a QB then when he first took the field in 2003. He still doesn't get rid of the ball, has no pocket awareness, can't hit the intermiediate route, can't read a defense, can't help himself from heaving into double coverage, and takes too many risks. Just like some damn rookie. His mouth and his presence is the only thing he has going for him and to me its about time he started backing it up. Sure he has had some good games. I'm not taking anything away but NOTHING about Jake Delhomme being the QB makes winning a SB any sweeter (unless you are a snuggler)

I also cannot think of one other team that Jake would earn the starting spot even if given a full year from today with that team.

Respectfully, I disagree.

Wow. I get upset with Jake too but he does deserve to win a Ring. It's not like he doesn't put his heart into it everytiime he steps on the field. Just because he's not a top 10 QB doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it. What other QB do we have that deserves to win a ring with us? McCown? Moore? :smilielol5:

I did not say he did NOT deserve it at all. What thread are you reading? I said he has not earned it at the level where the consensus of fans, ours and others things he has paid his dues. You reserve comments like that for players like Jerome Bettis not Jake freakn Delhomme.

Respectfully, you may disagree, we've always been at odds, but we've learned to respect each other and that hasn't changed. I'm fine with you pulling for him without pulling for him, (did that make sense?), not a problem. I am just hoping he gets that ring. Not for him, but if he does it, it gets us a Lombardi. On the other hand, a QB ranked at anywhere from 12 to 18 has several teams that would give their eye teeth to get a QB like Delhomme, that's not really debatable. If it is, please correct me...

Well, maybe it is if you want to ignore ratings etc...

Respectfully, you may disagree, we've always been at odds, but we've learned to respect each other and that hasn't changed. I'm fine with you pulling for him without pulling for him, (did that make sense?), not a problem. I am just hoping he gets that ring. Not for him, but if he does it, it gets us a Lombardi. On the other hand, a QB ranked at anywhere from 12 to 18 has several teams that would give their eye teeth to get a QB like Delhomme, that's not really debatable. If it is, please correct me...

Well, maybe it is if you want to ignore ratings etc...

I understand where you are going with the ratings I really do. It would seem that if some QB rating or passer rating put someone in the middle of the pack that most of the teams ranked below them would jump on him if given the opportunity. I do disagree and cannot think of one where he may have a shot to unseat the starter or backup currently. Jake has some chemistry with the team and (I think) photos of Hurney or Fox (or both) in a precarious situation. I am going to start another thread and see if we can get some good suggestions. I said that off the cuff a bit an now am intrigued to see an argument including receiving corps, current depth chart, and offensive scheme that provides a potential soft seat for Jake Delhomme and his "unique" set of QB skills.

If anyone deserves it, it is John Kasay for staying with this organization for 14 out of his 19 NFL years (and also to get that bad memory of kicking the ball out of bounds in the Super Bowl) Moose also deserves a ring for coming back to the place where he started his career spending 10 of his 14 NFL years with the Panthers. These two deserve it the most.

Also others would include Jake Delhomme, Brad Hoover, Steve Smith, Jordan Gross, and Na'il Diggs

Archived