• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other team's cuts...

Mr. Scot

What is going on with Canty's knee? He has had problems with his left knee since college.

He had a 'clean-up' procedure done shortly after the Giants' Super Bowl run which landed him on the PUP list for the first half of 2012. He came back and had to battle through a groin injury along w/ a MCL sprain late in the season but I'm not sure it was the same knee.

We really should have at least made a play for Jenkins at that price.

Honestly, I think the FO is focused on re-signing D.Edwards at the moment. I think the Jenkins deal just set the market price for guys like D.Edwards, Canty, etc. i.e. DL in that 30 yo+ range w/ similar production.

We really should have at least made a play for Jenkins at that price.

Yup! thats what im saying; 3 yr 8 mil.

But Im not sure Jenkins wouldve come here anyway. Thought he hated us bc of Kris Jenkins.

Seeing all these teams making play at free agents make me wanna cry.

Im not a bad fan, but I know we're going to be another bad team in 2013.

He had a 'clean-up' procedure done shortly after the Giants' Super Bowl run which landed him on the PUP list for the first half of 2012. He came back and had to battle through a groin injury along w/ a MCL sprain late in the season but I'm not sure it was the same knee.

I checked and it looks like every time has been his left knee. He also tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL in his left knee in college and that is what made him drop. Then you add the surgery before the season with tearing his MCL in the same knee makes me wonder if his knee is worth the risk.

I checked and it looks like every time has been his left knee. He also tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL in his left knee in college and that is what made him drop. Then you add the surgery before the season with tearing his MCL in the same knee makes me wonder if his knee is worth the risk.

It's something to keep in mind but I don't think it's a huge concern. Up until this year, he hadn't missed time because of it and the only other season that he missed games was 2009, his first year with the Giants, when he had hamstring and calf injuries.

If history is any indicator, I'd say that he's been pretty durable since he's been in the league but you never know when injuries will occur. If anybody should know about any red flags, however, it'd be Gettleman.

@JasonLaCanfora In addition to releasing CB DeAngelo Hall, as expected, Skins also highly likely to release Santana Moss and Adam Carriker. Need cap space

Didn't the Panthers try to sign Moss this past offseason? Or was that two offseasons ago? Could be a cheap pickup.

@JasonLaCanfora In addition to releasing CB DeAngelo Hall, as expected, Skins also highly likely to release Santana Moss and Adam Carriker. Need cap space

Didn't the Panthers try to sign Moss this past offseason? Or was that two offseasons ago? Could be a cheap pickup.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-04/carolina-panthers-training-camp-team-pursued-wr-moss

Carriker's restructured.

Archived