• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John McCain is a Boss

chknwing

Fair enough, but "monkey" makes no more sense as an ethnic insult there either.

McCain is knocking him for being off in the head, which I'd call a valid criticism.

Is calling heads of state, even our enemies, monkeys very statesmanly? I can only imagine if Biden or Obama said this the outrage conservatives would have.

Is calling heads of state, even our enemies, monkeys very statesmanly? I can only imagine if Biden or Obama said this the outrage conservatives would have.

Talking heads will rage about whatever the other side does, regardless of whether their own have done the same.

Can't speak for anyone else, but with regard to Ahmadinejad, Obama could call him pretty much anything and I doubt I'd bat an eye.

Talking heads will rage about whatever the other side does, regardless of whether their own have done the same.

Can't speak for anyone else, but with regard to Ahmadinejad, Obama could call him pretty much anything and I doubt I'd bat an eye.

Yes, lets have tensions escalate. That always ends well. Iraq was such a huge and great success for us.

Yes, lets have tensions escalate. That always ends well. Iraq was such a huge and great success for us.

You think you can make nice with guys like that? Feel free.

I mean I'm sure even if he had opportunity and means, he'd never really act on any of the crazy stuff he says, right?

I've not seen "monkey" used as an ethnic slur against Arabs (wouldn't make much sense).

As to the topic, I'd be all for sending Ahmadinejad into space.

Monkey is disparagingly used throughout the world to describe a different ethnicity (typically found close to the offender) disliked within one's culture. Thus it is a racist thing to call another human unless they are explicitly acting in a monkey-like fashion.

You think you can make nice with guys like that? Feel free.

I mean I'm sure even if he had opportunity and means, he'd never really act on any of the crazy stuff he says, right?

I would wager that you could easily "make nice" with Ahmadinejad. His bosses though? Probably not.

Archived