• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bank of America is the devil

Zcustom

The banks do have certain policies that maximize fees.....or at least they used to (when I was with KPMG and audited Wachovia)

For instance:

Say you had $50 in your account. You had checks/charges to clear that were $49, $5, $5, $5 and $10.

The bank would clear the $49 charge first so that the next four would generate overdraft fees...rather than the smaller ones first which would generate one overdraft fee.

Not sure if they were forced to change this practice.

So basically people are pissed because they did not keep track of their debit card charges and are getting charged overdraft fees.

Am I missing something?

Apparently you are.

The lawsuit also claims that Bank of America authorizes debit card transactions that will result in overdraft fees; fails to warn customers that specific debit card transactions may result in overdrawn accounts; posts debit card and other transactions in high-to-low order; and provides account balance information to customers that is not current, accurate or as advertised.

I used to have an account with them and I can attest to the above statement.

Apparently you are.

I used to have an account with them and I can attest to the above statement.

Most banks post high to low....that is not uncommon.

However, it is still everyone's responsibility to not overdraw your account. Again, if it is an outlier....call the bank and I will guarantee you that they waive the fee.

Now, the inaccurate balance info is a real head scratcher. Anyone know how they are communicated inaccurate info? I have not had this issue with them and am interested in the details.

They did it to me once when I was in college... It said I had 1k in my account but they still charged me an overdraft fee. $150 worth... I called em up and asked for explanation. I knew I was getting a paycheck on friday so I wrote a check for my car on thursday which would cause me to overdraft. The check cleared my account on Friday and my paycheck was deposited on Friday first thing in the morning so on ledger I never had negative balance but they still charged me an overdraft fee. They refund me the whole thing cause they could not provide me with proof where I overdrafted my account... Assholes.

They did it to me once when I was in college... It said I had 1k in my account but they still charged me an overdraft fee. $150 worth... I called em up and asked for explanation. I knew I was getting a paycheck on friday so I wrote a check for my car on thursday which would cause me to overdraft. The check cleared my account on Friday and my paycheck was deposited on Friday first thing in the morning so on ledger I never had negative balance but they still charged me an overdraft fee. They refund me the whole thing cause they could not provide me with proof where I overdrafted my account... Assholes.

I also know that it is pretty common practice to post charges before deposits on any given day. Not just BOA....but most banks do this.

You have to read the fine print for your account to make sure your know all of the little rules.

Who knew BOA (big banks) needed a White Knight like Madhatter to come save them!?

I am not defending them....I think that all big banks suck ass.

I was just pointing out that what we are talking about is pretty common among most banks....not just BOA.

Did not want someone switching to another national bank and think they were going to get anything different.

Now, Credit Unions do typically have more customer friendly practices.

I am not defending them....I think that all big banks suck ass.

I was just pointing out that what we are talking about is pretty common among most banks....not just BOA.

Did not want someone switching to another national bank and think they were going to get anything different.

Now, Credit Unions do typically have more customer friendly practices.

I read the rest of the thread and deleted my comment.

Archived