• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft! *updated*

Im-Alweys-R8

I yelled constantly about it before signing him. Then, in glorious Panther fashion, we signed him and tried to corner the market on RB's when our offense didn't even utilize them like in the past. Frustrating.

But, the DWill thing is a killer and he is still good. Quit crying about spilled milk. Keep him, trade Stewart if someone will accept his contract and go on, never falling in love with a RB again.

you must hink stephan taylor can be just as good as stewart lol

yeah i kind of agree since running backs are not of value like they were. you can find them in later rounds or jouney men....like what they did with corey in new england. bill is smart. build that oline and kill two birds with one stone. better passing and running attack instanly.

I yelled constantly about it before signing him. Then, in glorious Panther fashion, we signed him and tried to corner the market on RB's when our offense didn't even utilize them like in the past. Frustrating.

But, the DWill thing is a killer and he is still good. Quit crying about spilled milk. Keep him, trade Stewart if someone will accept his contract and go on, never falling in love with a RB again.

you must hink stephan taylor can be just as good as stewart lol

yeah i kind of agree since running backs are not of value like they were. you can find them in later rounds or jouney men....like what they did with corey in new england. bill is smart. build that oline and kill two birds with one stone. better passing and running attack instanly.

whoa never thought id hear that...why do you you think the panthers should trade him because he's injured?? what you think they could get for him..maybe a 2nd rounder.....

i know alot of fans would be mad as hell. lol well at least on the huddle....

I would be incredibly surprised if we got more than a 3rd-4th for Stewart.

I know we all love our players, but RBs aren't worth that much anymore. They're a dime a dozen. In fact, think about this. Stevan Ridley rushed for 1200+ yards this season. If a guy like Ridley can come into an offense that runs with 4 different RBs and get 1200 yards, do you honestly think that people are going to give up a second for a running back who has had heel/toe/foot problems?

I would be incredibly surprised if we got more than a 3rd-4th for Stewart.

I know we all love our players, but RBs aren't worth that much anymore. They're a dime a dozen. In fact, think about this. Stevan Ridley rushed for 1200+ yards this season. If a guy like Ridley can come into an offense that runs with 4 different RBs and get 1200 yards, do you honestly think that people are going to give up a second for a running back who has had heel/toe/foot problems?

i agree man ...he would probably net a 4th round at most. im wondering if all our fans know rbs are not that valued how does the panthers front office not know.....lol

You are wrong. It would generally require the second and at least one more.

Bigger question would be why Green Bay would want to jump up to 14 so badly.

Love to hear that part.

Yea, there seems to be a belief floating around that dropping 10+ picks would only net us a 3rd or worse. If we were to drop to 26th (12 spots) we'd have to get at least a 2nd and 4th (1100 pts for #14 vs 700 for #26, 330 for #57, 52 for #121). Of course the value chart isn't stone tablet law but I don't think Gettleman is going to stray too far from established values.

Maybe Ansah is available at 14 and GB wants to jump up to take him. /shrug

Think through it guys. For someone to want our pick, they most likely want to jump in front of New Orleans. Since NO is going to a 3-4, they need a lot of D, with the building blocks being a NT and rushing OLB.

Who else needs that badly enough to jump NO?

Think through it guys. For someone to want our pick, they most likely want to jump in front of New Orleans. Since NO is going to a 3-4, they need a lot of D, with the building blocks being a NT and rushing OLB.

Who else needs that badly enough to jump NO?

All it takes is a team that falls in love with a particular defensive prospect or anyone for that matter. If there is a team that goes crazy for let's say Datone Jones, Hunt, or Ansah, I could see someone trying to move up to the mid-teens. The Steelers, Cowboys, & Saints could all use defenders and a team later in the 1st could try and leapfrog them to grab one of the DEs or something.

Trades are hard to predict, especially in January. I actually believe there's a good chance we move down in the draft unless we fall in love with a player, or my personally favorite, Chance Warmack falls. Teams are always looking for 3-4 OLB that can rush and it seems these guys rise faster than others. Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah and Barkevious Mingo seem to be guys who might fall to #14 and entice a trade up from a 3-4 team.

DWill and Beason are not tradeable before June 1st, so forget that.

It is also extremely unlikely that Stewart could be traded. His contract is structured so that last year and this year are dirt cheap, but then guaranteed $ kick in and he gets expensive. We can't take the hit to absorb that guaranteed money, so we'd have to find a team willing to accept that, and I don't see that happening even if we gave him away for a 7th.

DWill and Beason are not tradeable before June 1st, so forget that.

It is also extremely unlikely that Stewart could be traded. His contract is structured so that last year and this year are dirt cheap, but then guaranteed $ kick in and he gets expensive. We can't take the hit to absorb that guaranteed money, so we'd have to find a team willing to accept that, and I don't see that happening even if we gave him away for a 7th.

maybe lions or bengals lol

The first trade scenario that might make sense would the the Steelers wanting to move up in front of NO to get the rush OLB. Their guys are all old and they definitely need some new blood there.

That would move us down only a few spots but might get us a third but we might give back a 5th. Pretty good chance we could still get the same targeted guy at 17 we were looking at with the 14th pick

Archived