• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

CardiacCats

How is it 4th or 5th?

Gamble is gone people don't kid yourself. Plus we could lose Capt. as well because he is a FA!!

WE ONLY HAVE NORMAN, THOMAS, AND DOCKERY AS CB ON THE ROSTER!!!

THIS IS A BIGGER NEED THEN MOST PEOPLE THINK.

If Banks or Millner drop to us this is a no brainer.

Gamble went down 6 games into the season... And honestly I think our secondary played pretty dam well without him. True if Munnerlyn leaves in FA it does become a need but not necessarily in the first round. I'd say if Rhodes drops to us in the second I'd take him there but we could address that in the 4-5 round.We have way bigger needs than CB especially in this draft such as NT, RG, LT (future replacement for Gross), Potential #1 WR,....... THEN CB

CAPS LOCK ATTACK!!!!!

Once the OTs from Michigan and Texas A&M decided to stay in school, Banks moved up to near the top on my want list at #14. In the end we will know just how big of a need CB is when the 1st week of March hits and the FO starts making decisions.

I'm on my phone and the quote button isn't working right now. But thanks for the info.

If we lose Capt and only have 3 Unproven Cb on the roster. I would say 1 or 2. I don't see how it's not.

I can respect your opinion.. I just think differently from you (which it can just from now to the combine/draft)

I agree that if Gamble gets the boot, we need to be looking for a solid replacement.

1. Banks

2. Milliner/Poyer

3. Rhodes

Any of these guys could automatically contribute.

I like Rhodes a ton, but he's a press guy that's a tad over aggressive and that might be a downfall for him his first year. Miliner will go top 10 and most likely won't be available. Banks I think fits in better here as he's an off coverage guy that has good ball skills. I'm worried about his strength and his pad level first year though and he doesn't have elite acceleration or speed. Poyer has good speed, decent size (Also needs to bulk up a bit as well) Has excellent ball skills. Probably fits better in Carolina then Rhodes as well. The team could probably trade back and still pick him up later on in the first round.

So if you had to pick between Banks, Rhodes and Poyer knowing the system in Carolina, who do you take?

lol.....are you the guy who dont like patton??? dude has been tearing it up in the senior practices.....

but yeah trufant is good.....think he got a brother that plays in the nfl to.

Patton is still a avg. Wr with no out of the box talent. Not super fast or big. And we already have a few Patton's on the roster.

Trufant's brother plays for the Seahawks and was really good when he was younger.

Patton is still a avg. Wr with no out of the box talent. Not super fast or big. And we already have a few Patton's on the roster.

Trufant's brother plays for the Seahawks and was really good when he was younger.

beat banks for about 100 yards and a td......dont wanna derail the thread.....so yeah whatever you say boss...lol

Archived