• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scenario where we land Star

JawnyBlaze

Yes, I know Star falling to us is next to impossible, but there's one possible scenario that I'm holding out hope for that allows us to get him. What do you guys think, should we do this or not? (I'm not looking for opinions on the likelihood, I know it's unlikely, I want opinions on whether we SHOULD if the opportunity arises).

The Raiders have SO many needs its certainly possible they address a bigger impact position like DE or OT. They could feasibly have the option of taking the top OT if the Chiefs decide to take a QB and I don't see OT as that high on the Jags need list. They also need pass rushers (plural) so they could go with a guy just as BPA as Star in Jarvis Jones or they could take a DE like Demontre Moore or Werner or some other DE they fall in love with. So first of all, the Raiders have to pass on Star, which is definitely possible.

After the Raiders who is the next team likely to spend their first pick on a DT? I woul think its the Titans at #10. So we'd have to trade ahead of them. That's the Jets. What would it take to move from #14 to #9? Well some around here seem to think if we were to drop like 10 spots all we'd get is a 3rd or 4th but I'm gonna be more realistic. I'm guessing we could move up to 9 by giving the jets our next year's 2nd and this year's 5th. Now the question is "is it worth it?" I say hell yea. If that scenario plays out and Star is sitting there at 9 I hope Gettleman is doing everything in his power short of offering this year's 2nd or next year's 1st to trade up with the Jets. That way we get our stud DT and can still address OG or WR in the 2nd and the other one in the 4th (assuming it didn't get packaged in with the trade, but I'd be ok if it did).

Jets could go lb/pass rush making it possible without trading

I'm thinking the Titans would take him, so we'd need to trade up ahead of them. Of course, the Titans could easily take Warmack making a trade up not necessary, but if Star's there at 9 I don't want them taking a chance. I want them trading up with NYJ to get him.

Name a DT taken in the first round in the last five years that had a huge impact for his team.

Answer the same question about OT? OG? Those are our other two best options.

Suh might not have been the sole reason the Lions have improved, but he's certainly had a substantial impact. Gerald McCoy too, factoring in this year.

I usually wont mind trade ups,especially for a special player like Star. However we have to many holes that needs to be addressed, w/o a full compliment of picks and limited cap space to get quality FAs.

I especially don't want to give up a 1st because I think we will be picking in the mid-teens again next year and we can probably use that pick to get Smitty/Gross's heir.

Archived