• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why i think well take a WR at the top of the draft

Panthers4lyfe

you think barrett Jones is overrated?

Maybe, he doesn't, but I do. Jones would be a mediocre tackle in the NFL. He could be an OK guard, but he has a lot of help at Alabama. He does get pushed around. Watch some Alabama games and you won't be that impressed. He's supersmart, but he isn't that strong or athletic.

As for receiver lets see what Proehl can do with Adams, Gettis, LaFell, Murphy and Pilares. We might have the future number 1 already on the team.

Only Gettis could be a number 1 of those names. And that's a very big if. Lafell doesn't have the speed for nr 1 WR, but he's a good nr 2 wr. He could be Panther's Boldin. Adams and Pilares are both role players and I don't think that they'll be effective receivers, especially in a Coryell offense. They have speed, but they don't have Smith's toughness or athletic ability or vertical. Murphy has bad hands.

I don't remember anyone saying Smith was a number 1 receiver after his first year. Proehl helped him into the role. Now Proehl can help someone else. If we want a Smith clone, Adams looks the part. Speed is a part of the equation but not the main issue. None of those guys will be Megatron but who is really. There should be some great picks at WR throughout the draft.

But Adams wasn't the number 1 in Arkansas, I think that Smith was in college. I think that WR coaching could improve, but I don't see Adams as nr 1 or 2 receiver. More like a number 3 like he was in Arkansas. I don't think that you really need a nr 1 receiver if you have a few good nr 2 receivers and 2 good TE's. I think that without forcing everything to Smith like they did in the beginning of the year, the offense works better. But in the draft, you have a receiver like Cobi Hamilton that could a nr 1 receiver, and the good thing is that he'll be available in the second round.

But Adams wasn't the number 1 in Arkansas, I think that Smith was in college. I think that WR coaching could improve, but I don't see Adams as nr 1 or 2 receiver. More like a number 3 like he was in Arkansas. I don't think that you really need a nr 1 receiver if you have a few good nr 2 receivers and 2 good TE's. I think that without forcing everything to Smith like they did in the beginning of the year, the offense works better. But in the draft, you have a receiver like Cobi Hamilton that could a nr 1 receiver, and the good thing is that he'll be available in the second round.

As I said earlier I don't have a problem going that way but most guys need time to develop, I want someone at 14 who can contribute day 1. I am fine picking someone else up but think that we could go a different direction at 1 this year given our needs.

Archived