• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why i think well take a WR at the top of the draft

Panthers4lyfe

How much money do you want to put on that?

I say he doesn't get picked in the top 20.

Would you have put money on AJ Jenkins going in the first round last season?

Like I said in a previous post, his size and speed will force someone to take him in the first round.

I'd put your wallet away.

It seems like everyone that didn't think we needed a WR last year still doesn't this year. I stiil remember the Lafell is going to be a beast argument, the Cam is soo good he will make average receivers better argument...well here we are a year later and same questions. I'm not saying we definitely need someone in round 1(IF th players are there I would like an olineman and a WR in first 2rds) but we need to stop acting like guys we added in the 5th or 6th rd are the answer. If we grab a beast WR this year and then someone on the roster blows up too, that is a good thing not a wasted pick. Rivera has shown he can put a defense together with duct tape and toothpicks...protecting and developing Cam(legit receivers) should be the highest priority on this team. Rivera is a defensive wizard, that's his strongpoint. Lets face it on offense we are going to have to out talent/execute other teams.

I'm for Patterson or Allen with our 1st pick. We have got to get some playmakers, or as Gettleman calls em "Touchdown Scorers" , in here. We can go OL or CB in the 2nd, preferably OL.

Just looking at Atlanta, Roddy Julio and Gonzo make it so easy for Ryan. Gotta get Cam some toys in here. The WR's we have, aside from Smith and Lafell, are scrubs. Smith is on the decline, and Lafell is no more than a #2 who still disappears at times. I think this is the year we finally get serious about finding a #1 WR. Atleast, I hope so.

It seems like everyone that didn't think we needed a WR last year still doesn't this year. I stiil remember the Lafell is going to be a beast argument, the Cam is soo good he will make average receivers better argument...well here we are a year later and same questions. I'm not saying we definitely need someone in round 1(IF th players are there I would like an olineman and a WR in first 2rds) but we need to stop acting like guys we added in the 5th or 6th rd are the answer. If we grab a beast WR this year and then someone on the roster blows up too, that is a good thing not a wasted pick. Rivera has shown he can put a defense together with duct tape and toothpicks...protecting and developing Cam(legit receivers) should be the highest priority on this team. Rivera is a defensive wizard, that's his strongpoint. Lets face it on offense we are going to have to out talent/execute other teams.

this. we were ranked 10th i believe in defense with this hole we have a DT and terrible FS play. This offseason should be ALL ABOUT CAM.

I do think receiver is a need and I wouldn't be unhappy if we go that way. I could be okay with OT as well. But the biggest need next year will be a big physical corner to replace Gamble. With all the big physical receivers in the league and in our division, we need guys who can defend them 1 on 1. We can generate the pressure up from and have good linebackers. The secondary was patched together last year, now we need guys who can be there for the next 10 years like Gamble who will be leaving.

Archived