• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why i think well take a WR at the top of the draft

Panthers4lyfe

You can win with just ok DT's. Big guys who can hold up against the run is all that is required. Maake Kemoeatu and Isaac Spopuag(sp.) are the starting super bowl NT. The Lions are still the Lions after picking Suh and Fairley.

Thread worthy observation.

Why the fug would he be a wasted pick if he would automatically start as the #2 receiver and PR/KR???

I'd bet money that he doesn't start over Lafell if we were to pick him. I don't even think he will be a top 20 pick. He is to raw and and only has 1 year of playing time. No way in hell he'd be ready to start that early.

If we were going WR I would choose him for the upside but no way in hell would I do it in the 1st round.

I'd bet money that he doesn't start over Lafell if we were to pick him. I don't even think he will be a top 20 pick. He is to raw and and only has 1 year of playing time. No way in hell he'd be ready to start that early.

If we were going WR I would choose him for the upside but no way in hell would I do it in the 1st round.

Literally everything you just said was said about Cam Newton.

How's he doing?

You can win with just ok DT's. Big guys who can hold up against the run is all that is required. Maake Kemoeatu and Isaac Spopuag(sp.) are the starting super bowl NT. The Lions are still the Lions after picking Suh and Fairley.

Kemo in an upgrade to our current roster, he's equal to Edwards (Ron). But they are both old. It's time to replace him, he's been a stop gap long enough and Fua is not the answer. Even though he's OK. I'm being modest with that assessment by the way.

The lions secondary is terrible and their ends aren't as good as what we have. They are horrible at the run and Suh has regressed. Fairley is overrated.

We have a chance to have a dominant 4. Hardy, Edwards, X, Johnson. A 4 man pass rush would do wonders for the Defense.

I honestly think we can wait one more year for a first round DT.

Ron has stated that he's more focused on the OL than the DL, so I'm thinking we'll be looking for an automatic starter on the offensive line.

It really depends on what happens in free agency and with Gross/Gamble/Edwards x2

I honestly think we can wait one more year for a first round DT.

Ron has stated that he's more focused on the OL than the DL, so I'm thinking we'll be looking for an automatic starter on the offensive line.

It really depends on what happens in free agency and with Gross/Gamble/Edwards x2

Dwan will be retained. Ron still has one more year. I believe he signed a 3 year deal.

Ron is 33 heading to 34. Dwan is 32. Dwan has maybe 3 more years in him. If that. You need to replace one of them in this draft. I'd go with Ron.

Yeah Ron is definitely the one I would replace, and Dwan would be crazy to leave.

I really dont see a NT worthy of a top 15 pick besides Je Williams. I just don't think we will waste that pick on a Nose tackle, but I don't know how Gettleman will draft either.

I'm hoping if we need to bring in a NT that it will either be in free agency or in the later rounds.

Yeah Ron is definitely the one I would replace, and Dwan would be crazy to leave.

I really dont see a NT worthy of a top 15 pick besides Je Williams. I just don't think we will waste that pick on a Nose tackle, but I don't know how Gettleman will draft either.

I'm hoping if we need to bring in a NT that it will either be in free agency or in the later rounds.

This exactly. Justin Bannan, Barry Cofield, Kemoeatu, Letroy Guion, Sopoaga, Peko, Peria Jerry, Sean Cody, Wilfork, and Raji....these were the playoff NT's ladies and gentlemen....I am sure these players are what pushed their respective teams into playoff contention. DT's win football games period......said no one ever.

I'm definitely hoping we get offensive players early in the draft. The squad needs help closing out games and not giving teams a late shot. Pretty much, look to how the Ravens and 49ers respectively closed out their games this past week. From my view, we have a hard time really capping off wins and making it look like a sound victory. We need to get in the rhythm of shutting the door on an opponent.

This can involve getting a road grader for our overpaid running backs on the line, more edge protection for Cam or a new weapon for our hopefully still dynamic offense. I'm staying open for who we take at 14, but it would be nice to get someone that can really help us advance the chains. Those teams in the SB and a lot of other top squads tend to get all of their offensive players contributing (i.e. Rice, Pitta, Pierce, Boldin, Smith, Jacoby, Dickson). If we have another top weapon, we could really start stretching things out on offense. There's a decent crop of OGs and OTs in the draft so if we go WR in the first with Patterson/Williams/Hopkins/Allen, we still have some strong options to build a o-line:

-G-

Cooper

Alvin Bailey

Larry Warford

Omoregie Uzzi

Jeff Baca

-T-

Oday Aboushi

Justin Pugh

Dallas Thomas (T/G)

Dave Bakhtiara

Kyle Long

Ricky Wagner

Compare that to scenario of getting a lineman in the 1st then looking for a receiver later on and its a similar risk/reward situation. I'd just like to think we went out and got someone that can really help Cam and Co. crank out some wins for the franchise near the top of the draft.

But whatever, I'm cool either way with it

Archived