• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why i think well take a WR at the top of the draft

Panthers4lyfe

I don't want to trade down, I want the best safety or Dt, plain and simple. We have to do something about these south teams . Vincent Jackson is huge so.is Jones and colston can play big so we need good over the top help or more pressure on the qb.

Safety is a devalued position in the NFL. As long as they have hands and are good in run support they can play. Safeties that have tight coverage skills get flagged and lose you games.

It is very early, but I see no way we draft a WR in the first. Of course, free agency will change this to a degree (yes, we will get below the cap by about $8 million) but Gettleman and RR have already told us what our focus is---big guys. Protect the QB and balance the offense. To balance the offense, we will actually run it more (my guess). We will protect Cam and stop the run.

That means a RG and maybe a T. There are a lot of ways to do this. You could cut/trade Gross and sign a RG and a DT, for example, then draft a LT.

I like this plan earlier but to many Good OT went back to school. I don't want to draft a guy that wouldn't have been at that pick if the underclassmen would have stayed in the draft. We might can't afford to let Gross go yet.

It is very early, but I see no way we draft a WR in the first. Of course, free agency will change this to a degree (yes, we will get below the cap by about $8 million) but Gettleman and RR have already told us what our focus is---big guys. Protect the QB and balance the offense. To balance the offense, we will actually run it more (my guess). We will protect Cam and stop the run.

That means a RG and maybe a T. There are a lot of ways to do this. You could cut/trade Gross and sign a RG and a DT, for example, then draft a LT.

you're leaving out the part where he also said we need touchdown scorers...and i think he actually said that before saying something about the big guys, and it could even be that he meant WRs that are big guys. he didn't specifically say OL. also...he's coming from a winning culture that has picked WRs early every year for the past 5-6 years. they know, as he does, that you have to have a good receiving corps, which we don't really have.

I would not mind this as option 2. But I really want a DT/NT in the first. If we go WR in the first, we better get a DT in the second. Or OT.

You can win with just ok DT's. Big guys who can hold up against the run is all that is required. Maake Kemoeatu and Isaac Spopuag(sp.) are the starting super bowl NT. The Lions are still the Lions after picking Suh and Fairley.

And for a team that holes at DT, O-line and Secondary. He would be a wasted pick if we have to wait for him to be ready to play.

Why the fug would he be a wasted pick if he would automatically start as the #2 receiver and PR/KR???

Archived