• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why i think well take a WR at the top of the draft

Panthers4lyfe

I think #1 wr talent will fall off more than dt talent by the time we pick in the second. Which is why i'd rather go wr first and bpa dt/ol in the second

I'll just have to disagree. There's 8 or so WRs without much separation among them but after Star, Hankins and maybe J. Williams there's not much else at run stuffing DTs, and I don't think any of them will be even close to available with our 2nd. Williams is the only one that might fall to the 2nd at all. Jenkins is more of a 3-4 NT, but if he was available with our 2nd (doubt it) I wouldn't mind if we took him if we went a different direction in the 1st.

I'll just have to disagree. There's 8 or so WRs without much separation among them but after Star, Hankins and maybe J. Williams there's not much else at run stuffing DTs, and I don't think any of them will be even close to available with our 2nd. Williams is the only one that might fall to the 2nd at all. Jenkins is more of a 3-4 NT, but if he was available with our 2nd (doubt it) I wouldn't mind if we took him if we went a different direction in the 1st.

The combine will separate those 8 alot more. If its not star at 14 i wouldnt do it. Hankins has motor issues and i would only want jesse williams if i could trade down in the 20's. Patterson will be worth 14th after combine, follow him up with barrett jones/bpa oline in the 2nd. This would take pressure of Smitty and put our expensive back field to use.

We will have a pick between 28th -32nd and will pick up a late 3rd round pick. For our 14th pick

You're saying we'd trade down 14-18 spots and only pick up a 3rd for it?!!? I'd projectile vomit all over my screen. I'd be calling for Gettleman's head on a plate immediately.

It is very early, but I see no way we draft a WR in the first. Of course, free agency will change this to a degree (yes, we will get below the cap by about $8 million) but Gettleman and RR have already told us what our focus is---big guys. Protect the QB and balance the offense. To balance the offense, we will actually run it more (my guess). We will protect Cam and stop the run.

That means a RG and maybe a T. There are a lot of ways to do this. You could cut/trade Gross and sign a RG and a DT, for example, then draft a LT.

Archived