• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why i think well take a WR at the top of the draft

Panthers4lyfe

There are a number of guys who are projected anywhere from the 1st to 3rd rounds. I don't think any receiver would be BPA at 14. Unless there was a run on them, if I wanted to draft a receiver first I would trade down to get back our third and pick from a number of guys. There are guys at other positions that may be one of the best at their position who will be there at number 14 and are more compelling. Unless his stock improves a ton, Patterson could still be there in the 2nd or even the third. His size and speed are compelling but it will take him a year or two to learn to play wide receiver in the NFL.

Keenan Allen will be a legit#1 in the NFL. CP will be Randy Moss or Freddie Mitchell, boom or bust.

I agree Keenan Allen is the safe pick WR, CP is the risky pick.

i've got no problem with a risky pick as long as these things are all there in spades:

high ceiling

solid work ethic

coachable

demonstrable growth

ambition to grow

from what i've seen in my limited reading on him, i think he fits that.

Why do people act like Keenan Allen is a snail? He isnt blazing fast but he is fast enough to be defenses. He is also fast enough to play in this offense and speed doesnt even matter if receivers cant fight defenders off the line scrimmage and route running. He also is a really good slot receiver, he would be a chain mover instantly, that matters a lot too. He also catches with his hands really well which is something CP isnt great at.

If I'm not mistaken, the Giants have at least a couple FA solid OL guys this offseason. I'd bet we sign at least one of those.

I want Tavon Austin bad. Really bad. I'd take him at 14, but most GMs will say that is too early. If we could trade down to mid-to-late 20s in the first and recoup a third round pick (and maybe even more) then I'd do that and hope Austin was still on the board.

Then we could use our second/newly acquired 3rd to flesh out another OL spot and a DT.

Perfect scenario in my opinion.

i've got no problem with a risky pick as long as these things are all there in spades:

high ceiling

solid work ethic

coachable

demonstrable growth

ambition to grow

from what i've seen in my limited reading on him, i think he fits that.

For a team that is banking a lot on a playoff appearance next year, im not so sure about that. Regardless who we pick at that position it has to be a guy that we know is gonna make a impact right away.

Why do people act like Keenan Allen is a snail? He isnt blazing fast but he is fast enough to be defenses. He is also fast enough to play in this offense and speed doesnt even matter if receivers cant fight defenders off the line scrimmage and route running. He also is a really good slot receiver, he would be a chain mover instantly, that matters a lot too. He also catches with his hands really well which is something CP isnt great at.

i think most assume that allen will be gone early.

Archived