• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

F*ck Blockbuster...

The Link

with the ease of renting games online, i don't see how blockbuster can compete. i give them 2-3 years before they flop.

If BlockBuster Video goes belly up, do you think it would also effect the Miami Dolphins? Wayne Huizenga is primary owner of the NFL team, as well as BB. He also owns Waste Management; the largest trash delivery company in the U.S., and former owner of the Florida Marlins MLB and Florida Panthers NHL teams.

I used to work for BlockBuster a long time ago. They remind me a lot of Wal-Mart (and McDonald's for that matter), in that they grew so big and successfully hit the little guys mom-&-pop stores.

I heard that BB is now experimenting with online rentals, to compete with these others mentioned.

BB is too freaking expensive, even just a movie is around 5 bucks, and they hassle you to try to get you to buy the monthly rental thing. Shaddup and let me rent my movie dammit.

BB is more expensive, and with Netflix, I can stream directly to my XBox 360 from my Instant Queue. I'm a huge Netflix fan... love em, and I have never gotten a scratched disc from them either.

Not so sure of Gamefly.. the one time I checked em out, they were charging about $25 a month for their service. Umm... I don't play games enough to warrant that cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived