• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' quicker pressure defense sitting well with Lewis

scpanther22

when a GM says we tagged a player so he will stay and play and then follows it up with "we will not consider anything less than 2 first round picks", the phone does not ring in that GM's office for a 30 year old player who wants to play a new position and is not a vocal leader who sometimes looks like he mails it in...not to mention there is that little thing called the tender that is still not signed.

None of this however translates into "no interest" and interest is what we gauge, not if they make a push or not. There were no pushes because Marty A) did not want any and set the stakes as such, B) was not allowed to entertain any "pushes" if they even materialized, and C)there was now way for a team to come into the scene without comitting a lot up front and forfeiting their bargaining chips at the start.

There were no pushes because neither Julius or Marty wanted/allowed one.

Marty wants to keep his player or get the moon for him and Julius (after getting tagged) did not want all those bargaining chips aired in the media all summer if he signed the tender and the floodgates did open.

I wasn't excusing Peppers at all. I just have higher expectations from the league. One that prides itself in the product they present.

I'm not excusing peppers, I see with my own eyes how much not only him, but EVERY d-linemen get held, in every game, regardless which two teams play. That is an unbiased as it gets. So quit with the homer bullcrap.

Had to throw in that no NFL team made a push for him. How do you know this when the dude hasn't even signed his tag?

No team worth anything is going to give up two first rounders for Peppers, plus have to sign him to a big contract. That's just too much.

And since Pep didn't sign his tag, other offers can't even be considered. So why would they even be made public? lol

hahaha- this is the old game of- twist the facts to support my opinion game.

When has the media EVER been stopped of gaining info about inside trading?

not much, and with that said there was a lot of "hype" about Pep going to NE, so much that the head coach publicly made some statements.

So the rest of the league had to know there was an angle to take to get Pep.

either way we will all know in about a month and a half.

Yes, I know I'm asking the impossible.

That being said, asking for a defensive lineman to be making plays every play is equally impossible.

The player is game planned agaist, the player feels like he's not being used properly, holding, stunts, etc. etc.

^^^^^^^^

3 years ago yes, but pep has since been equally handled 1on1, by tight ends, rookie OL'men and even 1 very small hobbit of a RB named M. Jones-Drew

when a GM says we tagged a player so he will stay and play and then follows it up with "we will not consider anything less than 2 first round picks", the phone does not ring in that GM's office for a 30 year old player who wants to play a new position and is not a vocal leader who sometimes looks like he mails it in...not to mention there is that little thing called the tender that is still not signed.

None of this however translates into "no interest" and interest is what we gauge, not if they make a push or not. There were no pushes because Marty A) did not want any and set the stakes as such, B) was not allowed to entertain any "pushes" if they even materialized, and C)there was now way for a team to come into the scene without comitting a lot up front and forfeiting their bargaining chips at the start.

There were no pushes because neither Julius or Marty wanted/allowed one.

Marty wants to keep his player or get the moon for him and Julius (after getting tagged) did not want all those bargaining chips aired in the media all summer if he signed the tender and the floodgates did open.

Not last year.

even as good as he did last season, he had his moments ......

1 thing i think has made Pep hate carolina is the fact that turgo would drop him into coverage every 2 downs...

yet he wants to be a 3-4 OLB...so i dont think thats it..people have been saying they think its more of a fox thing that the DC..maybe it is maybe its not..IDK..maybe peppers thinks he cant win here..who knows..but i know we will see peppers let loose in meeks system.

julius peppers not participating in OTAs is not a big deal.

if i'm not mistaken, this isn't his first time.

this.

ya'll should go fishing or something. spending too many hours pondering the Pep situation has fried your brains. The dude is going to be back. There is absolutely no way he sits out and just kills the rest of his future. So instead of going around saying, "he's not on the team cause he hasn't signed", how about we change your glasses so you see things a little differently by saying, "let's freak out once he doesn't show up to camp. Until that happens, he'll be back."

To think it's "logical" that he is going to sit out a year at his age may mean you need to use a little more logic. This isn't an issue until it's an issue. Right now, it's not an issue.

Just sayin, chill out for a while.

this.

ya'll should go fishing or something. spending too many hours pondering the Pep situation has fried your brains. The dude is going to be back. There is absolutely no way he sits out and just kills the rest of his future. So instead of going around saying, "he's not on the team cause he hasn't signed", how about we change your glasses so you see things a little differently by saying, "let's freak out once he doesn't show up to camp. Until that happens, he'll be back."

To think it's "logical" that he is going to sit out a year at his age may mean you need to use a little more logic. This isn't an issue until it's an issue. Right now, it's not an issue.

agreed. nicely put.

this.

which supports my original statement of the players worrying about the guys beside them now.

let the peppers drama die.

(i am sure i said that somewhere else as well)

which supports my original statement of the players worrying about the guys beside them now.

let the peppers drama die.

(i am sure i said that somewhere else as well)

This thread wasn't even about Peppers until you brought it up. Just sayin.

This thread wasn't even about Peppers until you brought it up. Just sayin.

here its quoted for you incase you dont remember;

“I think Julius would be unbelievable in this scheme,” Lewis said. “I think when he gets back, he's going to be really excited about some things we're doing with the ends. I think he's going to have a lot of fun with it

Archived