• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' quicker pressure defense sitting well with Lewis

scpanther22

As long as the league and the refs continue not to call all the blantent holding, I'm not worried about any justification coming from Peppers.

trust me the non holding calls piss me off too-- BUT I just spent the last 6 hours on a "Panther MARATHON" Watching old games, and MANY TIMES when the play would flow away from Pep he would just STOP- Several plays I was pissed because if he would continued attacking the ball he would have been able to stop a big gain.

thats called motor.

Pepp doesnt have much overdrive.

Well, sitting out the season would be far more distructive to his career, specially this point in his career, than anything else he could do. So I just don't see it happening.

since when has peppers been the one to care what people think?>

evidently he thinks very high of himself to only demand a trade to 4 teams, I am thinking his ego has been fed so long that his view is skewed and he might just be dumb enough to not realize what sitting out would do for him.

Why, cause I'm fed up with all the blatent holding that goes on in every game, regardless which teams are playing? That doesn't make me a homer at all. Get a fuging clue.

I know that and you know that but your last question is asking the impossible IMO. The holding is out of hand and for someone that enjoys watching dominant defense more than an unstoppable offense, I am pisst about it too.

Why, cause I'm fed up with all the blatent holding that goes on in every game, regardless which teams are playing? That doesn't make me a homer at all. Get a fuging clue.

no- but the fact that you use that to excuse Peppers for quitting on 30% of plays does.

Evidently I am so wrong THAT NO NFL TEAM made a push to get Pep. ..

trust me the non holding calls piss me off too-- BUT I just spent the last 6 hours on a "Panther MARATHON" Watching old games, and MANY TIMES when the play would flow away from Pep he would just STOP- Several plays I was pissed because if he would continued attacking the ball he would have been able to stop a big gain.

thats called motor.

Pepp doesnt have much overdrive.

I'm not trying to defend the guy here ~ but he did have that drive, early in his career. His first 3 season were all major highlight reels, of him chasing down plays from behind. He just hasn't had as much help from the other side of the ball. He also is a full time player. I don't care how much a freak a player is, when you are taking all the defensive snaps, you are going to get tired, and winded.

I'm not trying to justify anything, just point out many things, which you should also know is true. This season, he should have a lot more help. Plus the style of play Meeks like from his DE's. This coming after one of Peppers best year as a pro. Could Peppers be play even better? You bet, which is all the more reason to retain him, make him happy, and turn him lose along with Brown and Johnson.

since when has peppers been the one to care what people think?>

evidently he thinks very high of himself to only demand a trade to 4 teams, I am thinking his ego has been fed so long that his view is skewed and he might just be dumb enough to not realize what sitting out would do for him.

I never once said Peppers cares what others think.

when a GM says we tagged a player so he will stay and play and then follows it up with "we will not consider anything less than 2 first round picks", the phone does not ring in that GM's office for a 30 year old player who wants to play a new position and is not a vocal leader who sometimes looks like he mails it in...not to mention there is that little thing called the tender that is still not signed.

None of this however translates into "no interest" and interest is what we gauge, not if they make a push or not. There were no pushes because Marty A) did not want any and set the stakes as such, B) was not allowed to entertain any "pushes" if they even materialized, and C)there was now way for a team to come into the scene without comitting a lot up front and forfeiting their bargaining chips at the start.

There were no pushes because neither Julius or Marty wanted/allowed one.

Marty wants to keep his player or get the moon for him and Julius (after getting tagged) did not want all those bargaining chips aired in the media all summer if he signed the tender and the floodgates did open.

no- but the fact that you use that to excuse Peppers for quitting on 30% of plays does.

Evidently I am so wrong THAT NO NFL TEAM made a push to get Pep. ..

I wasn't excusing Peppers at all. I just have higher expectations from the league. One that prides itself in the product they present.

I'm not excusing peppers, I see with my own eyes how much not only him, but EVERY d-linemen get held, in every game, regardless which two teams play. That is an unbiased as it gets. So quit with the homer bullcrap.

Had to throw in that no NFL team made a push for him. How do you know this when the dude hasn't even signed his tag?

No team worth anything is going to give up two first rounders for Peppers, plus have to sign him to a big contract. That's just too much.

And since Pep didn't sign his tag, other offers can't even be considered. So why would they even be made public? lol

I know that and you know that but your last question is asking the impossible IMO. The holding is out of hand and for someone that enjoys watching dominant defense more than an unstoppable offense, I am pisst about it too.
Yes, I know I'm asking the impossible.

That being said, asking for a defensive lineman to be making plays every play is equally impossible.

The player is game planned agaist, the player feels like he's not being used properly, holding, stunts, etc. etc.

Archived