• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' quicker pressure defense sitting well with Lewis

scpanther22

Two whole pages and not one meaningful thing has been said.

lol

what about this...peppers plays likes the new scheme...do you still want to sign a 30 year old DE to a huge prob 5-6 year contract..when we have 2 guys that can give us that pass rush for a long time.

The team, from the Owner, all the way down to the players, all want Peppers back, and obviously they think higher of him than you do. That is why they are doing what they are doing.

I agree. I am happy to see the fans make comments like this every once in a while ore every interview. It tells me that they either have faith that he will return and return strong or that there is a concerted effort within the org. to ease whatever dissension that Pep and the org. have. Or possibly both. The BIG thing that it tells me is that for whatever reason the Panthers think that if they can get Peppers to commit to another season he will be happy. Players would not say things like this if they did not believe it and that is encouraging. They sound genuine and I do not think any players would blow smoke knowing they would look very foolish once Peppers saw through the smoke screen.

This encourages me about the defense especially. If the players do not think Peppers will appreciate the changes, I seriously doubt that they would make ANY attempt at coaxing his return.

what about this...peppers plays likes the new scheme...do you still want to sign a 30 year old DE to a huge prob 5-6 year contract..when we have 2 guys that can give us that pass rush for a long time.
So now, Peppers will only have what, 2 good years left? Is that what you are trying to say?

Seriously, statements like this make me wonder which head you are thinking with.

DE's play very well into their mid 30's. Specially a player who takes care of himself such as Peppers. He's one of the most complete DE's in the game, and from the sounds of it, you want to throw that away, cause you blew your wad thinking our rookie DE and Johnson can be the bad ass pass rush we need. They may be, but they are far from it as of right now.

I really do not want to think of Peppers as a typical DE much less a typical 30 year old. What he wants and WHERE he wants it will be proven between the times of the first day of camp and the end of the 2009-10 season. The whole age think is only ammo that will be used against us in any trade and used against Peppers in any new contract negotiations. However I think its only a bluff and as all bluffs go it depends on the one doing the bluffing as to how effective it would be. The guy is special. Bing 30 does not matter to me or the Panthers. I only wanted him gone because he wants out, period. If none of this ever surfaced nobody would be talking about Pep turning 30 right now, not seriously enough to consider not re-signing him for 5-6 years anyway.

Why would we have to sign him to a 6 year deal?

good question. I think he will push for it. I don't however think he will get it anywhere but here or somewhere else in the South. If we can figure a way to use him correctly he could have some serious longevity in the league.

Good point, rolls. Had he signed a long term contract already, everybody would instead be talking about how dominate our pass rush could be over the next several years. Instead, they are talking outta their asses in hopes that some young guys can step up and play well enough for our defense to be good again ~ which is entirely possible, but I'm glad our FO don't settle for things like that.

So now, Peppers will only have what, 2 good years left? Is that what you are trying to say?

Seriously, statements like this make me wonder which head you are thinking with.

DE's play very well into their mid 30's. Specially a player who takes care of himself such as Peppers. He's one of the most complete DE's in the game, and from the sounds of it, you want to throw that away, cause you blew your wad thinking our rookie DE and Johnson can be the bad ass pass rush we need. They may be, but they are far from it as of right now.

.....did you read my statement were did i say peppers would have 2 good years left:confused:

Damn Joe, you do know starting quality DE's cost 8+ mil a year right? So that would barely cover two starting DE's.

Your expectations are not even grounded. You will be nothing but disappointed with Peppers, regardless how he performs.

I am not talking about just DE's, but players in general..

johnspn got 1/2 peppers sacks last season and he didnt even start. (not to mention at 1/12 the cost

you guys need to quit looking at this situation as panther fans....

The team, from the Owner, all the way down to the players, all want Peppers back, and obviously they think higher of him than you do. That is why they are doing what they are doing.

this is a large and general assumption. all the tag meant is they wanted something for him, and at the least his services....

I am not talking about just DE's, but players in general..

johnspn got 1/2 peppers sacks last season and he didnt even start. (not to mention at 1/12 the cost

you guys need to quit looking at this situation as panther fans....

Johnson played well last year. Hope he gets a chance to beat out Brayton.

In my eyes, Peppers, with a rotation of Johnson and Everett could end up being a very dominating pass rush. But maybe I'm just being a homer.

As for your comment, the loss of Peppers would be far greater than many people think, including you. You obviously feel that we have a replacement for him on the roster already. One who will not only produce like Peppers, but also the veteran experience he has. Oh, wait, we don't have that!

Don't know how that I'm a fan is affecting how I'm looking at the situation.

Archived