• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' quicker pressure defense sitting well with Lewis

scpanther22

The only positive outcome from the time the draft ended is for Pep to show up at camp, have the support of the players coaches and fans and give us a good effort for 17 million. He is more capable of doing that than he is of the alternative in my opinion (and that of other intelligent people) and throwing salt into the wound helps nobody.

yep...whether you were in favor of peppers getting released outright or traded or staying a panther or shot in the kneecap, the best thing that we could hope for is peppers showing up and doing some serious butt kicking. the players and coaches beleive that he will be back and that he is worth it. the players who know him best believe that this will be a good fit for him. i tend to believe them.

why was it that he wanted to try a different position? why the 3-4 OLB? so he could do a lot more rushing on the QB, most likely. that is what he does best. with trgo, that wasn't going to happen on a consistent basis. trgo liked to play around too much. with meeks, the defense, especially the DLine, is a lot more stripped down than it was with trgo. the DEs job is to get to that QB. it is going to be a faster more aggressive defense which can only help peppers reach his "potential".

whether or not you believe that doesn't matter. we are "stuck" with peppers. if you want to win, the best thing that you can hope for is peppers showing up at TC, learning his role in the new system (which should be much easier to do than trgo's which kept getting more and more complicated), getting on the field and playing lights out. if he wants in a better situation, then he is going to have to make himself look good by making the panthers look good. this is more likely going to happen than not. the players getting on board and trying to get him on board and trying to relay the excitement they have over the defenses and peppers potential is a smart move. you may not like it but it is the best way to handle the situation and i have no problem with it.

I think Turgo was a lot of Peppers problems, that AND the whole damn defense.

But dont kid yourself, we are not "stuck" with Peppers. Until he signs his tender he is not even on this team.

Once he signs his tender I expect him to shut up, show to camp, and give us 17 million worth on the field.

AND I HOPE Meeks RIDES HIS ASS all season long so he doesnt become invisible.

and I am growing to expect ridiculous comments like this...from you

and-- whats ridiculous- 4 great FA's at 4 MILLION A YEAR = 16 million (i did the math so you wouldnt have to) thats still less than what Pep will make.(which is big money) is nothing new.

to expect the man to earn his paycheck is ridiculous???

idiot....

and-- whats ridiculous- 4 great FA's at 4 MILLION A YEAR = 16 million (i did the math so you wouldnt have to) thats still less than what Pep will make.(which is big money) is nothing new.

to expect the man to earn his paycheck is ridiculous???

idiot....

to expect one player to be better than "4 great ones" is completely ridiculous. As I have already stated. Just as passing off getting 4 great players for 17 million as an easy task is. And as far as neg-repping me ( as if I care) just to get even for me voicing my opinion and then commenting "to return the favor" proves you are a whiny and pathetic *****.

..as if anyone really needed proof.

to expect one player to be better than "4 great ones" is completely ridiculous. As I have already stated. Just as passing off getting 4 great players for 17 million as an easy task is. And as far as neg-repping me ( as if I care) just to get even for me voicing my opinion and then commenting "to return the favor" proves you are a whiny and pathetic *****.

thats what we are paying him.....

& you neg repped me first because of my 1st post- quit acting like a lil bitch- I was just returning the favor.

dont say i havent ever giving you anything....

and if you didnt "care" why would you post it you lil attention bitch--

notice, i never said anything about you neg reppin me before you brought it up.... thats called "being a big boy"

The effort of 17 MILLION is at least that of 4 GREAT players, I expect that from him.
Damn Joe, you do know starting quality DE's cost 8+ mil a year right? So that would barely cover two starting DE's.

Your expectations are not even grounded. You will be nothing but disappointed with Peppers, regardless how he performs.

thats what we are paying him.....

& you neg repped me first because of my 1st post- quit acting like a lil bitch- I was just returning the favor.

dont say i havent ever giving you anything....

hahahhahaa

"you neg-repped me first"

"I was returning the favor"

"don't say i havent ever giving you anything"

reads: my name is AKPanther and I am a douchebag

..and neg-repping you was not a favor or anything personal. I neg-repped you because your entire post and the opinion it stemmed from was ******* stupid. Now in watching the adolescent backlash and immature stone throwing that that actually set off, I am positive that you are ******* stupid as well. I will not neg-rep you anymore as it is not necesary. I will resort to the old "why pick on the ignorant, what's the point" philosophy and treat you indifferently in the future.

Archived