• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' quicker pressure defense sitting well with Lewis

scpanther22

I think people are just noting that recent comments from defensive players about the new scheme almost always include "I can't wait to see Julius in this scheme, he could really do well in it" or "This scheme is going to free up Julius to do what he does best" or something along those lines.

The point is, either because of his own free will or the work of his (terrible) agent, Julius isn't there. Focus on the guys that are there and what they can do in the new system.

Of course, I'm sure the players making these comments are being baited to do so by those interviewing them.

I'm sure these reporters are asking how Peppers would like the new scheme, I really don't see Lewis (or any active player) just tossing out Pep's name for the hell of it. I don't see them wanting to ignore the question either, but at the same time, they're not not going to say he'll hate the new D.

More and more people sound sure that he will turn. At the same time his likelihood of leaving is very low. I don't understand why Hurney and Fox feel under pressure to win, maybe because they feel Jake gives them the best chance to win now and he doesn't have much gas in the tank. You think they wouldve moved Peppers if they felt he was going to be a major distraction to the them and not show up all year.

More and more people sound sure that he will turn. At the same time his likelihood of leaving is very low. I don't understand why Hurney and Fox feel under pressure to win, maybe because they feel Jake gives them the best chance to win now and he doesn't have much gas in the tank. You think they wouldve moved Peppers if they felt he was going to be a major distraction to the them and not show up all year.

Peppers was not very marketable though. Not many teams were interested in paying him what we will.

In a perfect world he gets back here, shuts up, and plays at a high level with a new contract.

we will see.

is it me or does every time one of these guys talk about the new defense they find SOME way to suck peppers dick?

I know thats a harsh way to put it, but quit BEGGING.

His ass isnt even there putting in the hard work, focus on the guys who ARE...

The whole Panther Org. kisses JP's ass, and then we all sit around and wonder why he acts like a spoiled bitch....AND takes plays off....

the crap is getting old.

Its like watching one of you buddies kiss a girls ass for months just to be dumped in the end because he is to friggen stupid to realize she doesnt want anything to do with him......

They know Peppers is a pussy and will end up back on the team, so they're talking about him as if he's on a temporary leave. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Thats the point I am making.

Peppers CONTRACT IS UP. He is not signed. The players ARE talking like this to lure him in.

I am just tired of all the sucking up.

Its time to move on. If Pep wants to be a PANTHER he will SIGN his outrageously priced contract.

But until then they need to worry about the guy beside them in the huddle.

Bye the bye, you're one of the sand in the veejayjays, IMO. Don't try to twist my context to your point of view. I understand you're frustrated but I'm not on your bandwagon...

Bye the bye, you're one of the sand in the veejayjays, IMO. Don't try to twist my context to your point of view. I understand you're frustrated but I'm not on your bandwagon...

50/50

I came out after the year and said just what YOU did. Peppers contract is up. We got what we paid for.

Thats the bottom line.

With that said, Peppers IS franchised, but has not accepted the deal, thus HE IS NOT a Panther.

I have been VERY HARD on Peppers for the last 3 years, thats no secret. But Any man making 10+ million a year should be held to that high standard.

Its not just the salary, but the ability he takes money wise away from the FO to help the team.

So If thats his cost, then he damn well better live up to it. (speaking of the past)

As of now though, he IS NOT A PANTHER- and the players need to move on and focus on the guys beside them because AS OF RIGHT NOW those are the guys who will be watching their back.

Let the Peppers drama DIE...... If he shows to camp- GOOD-- lets move on and play ball. AS FOR RIGHT NOW- He is not a Panther.

And that IS THE MESSAGE HE SENDS by not signing the tender. no denying that.

Thats the bottom line.

And no one is speaking to the fact that the FO ass kissing is a large reason for Pep acting like a spoiled brat.

When was the last time Pep had to fight for anything?

Maybe in his mind he "deserves" everything he can get.

....ok.....

but when was the last time Pep WON us a game?

....just sayin...

If he wants to be treated like LT (l.Taylor- for u youngins) -hE DAMN sure is already gettin paid better...

Then he needs to play like him--- BE CONSISTENT--

Oh absolutely. Hindsight is 20/20 when you let the chips fall where they may. Anyone who gives it the old college try should be able to see that without rose colored glasses. It really is what it is at the end of the day, apples to apples flying at 30,000 feet. This isn't a beauty contest. Peppers better not get lost in the weeds.

so a few fans get bitter because they have confused an NFL starting position as some sort of public service and now Peppers is no longer one of the best defensive players in the league...?

wow.

I guess I'm really not surprised but this really is a new low for Panther fanz.

The only thing wrong with Julius Peppers is that Julius Peppers is (at the very least) acting like he does not want to be a Panther. If he does not hint at that, right now we are ALL talking his skill set and morphing that into how it fits in this "new" system an how he will be the DPOTY without a question. The time for making a good decision about this player passed a long time ago and now we are at his mercy as far him playing or not goes. What do you sandy va-jay-jays (thnx Mintal) believe is positive about attacking him as a player and person actually does. If he was a sitting on "I Love the Panthers " status right now there would not be one negative thing said about him. So now that he does not want to play in Charlotte or on the line or for Fox or whatever else it could be he isnt a good player anymore and he deserves to be attacked personally? That type of attitude makes you look not only stupid but to some extent all of us. I personally do not think there is any room here for stupid comments like that of AK on page one and believe that kind of comment makes him look like some pathetic, scorned female.

The only positive outcome from the time the draft ended is for Pep to show up at camp, have the support of the players coaches and fans and give us a good effort for 17 million. He is more capable of doing that than he is of the alternative in my opinion (and that of other intelligent people) and throwing salt into the wound helps nobody. Anyone who feels he isn't worth the money, not a team player, and not one of the best DE's in the league should have been pushing for the outright release but I remember those times to be awfully lonely around here. In my opinion you cannot have issues with the guys character, ability, potential and still think the FO should play hardball and try to shop him. How can you see it both ways?

Archived