• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' quicker pressure defense sitting well with Lewis

scpanther22

Once again it's split 50/50. Those that understand that Peppers played out his contract and doesn't owe the Panthers poo and those that think he should bow to his knees to thank the Panthers for the very air he's allowed to breathe. Peppers doesn't owe the Panthers or the fans anything. That we franchised doesn't mean he has to play for us, he just won't play. He already has more money than he can spend in his lifetime. Let's just hope loyalty to his friends on the team override his apprehension at getting so lambasted by the fans in 2007...

Once again it's split 50/50. Those that understand that Peppers played out his contract and doesn't owe the Panthers poo and those that think he should bow to his knees to thank the Panthers for the very air he's allowed to breathe. Peppers doesn't owe the Panthers or the fans anything. That we franchised doesn't mean he has to play for us, he just won't play. He already has more money than he can spend in his lifetime. Let's just hope loyalty to his friends on the team override his apprehension at getting so lambasted by the fans in 2007...

Yea but at the same time its not like playing for us is a bad situation. We've got a new DC, a team that loves him, a management willing to spend 17 million just for one year, and a defense where the sky is the limit in terms of talent. Plus if he thrives in the new scheme he may want to stay, get a deal done, become one of the greatest panthers of all time and live out his potential as HOF caliber player. If not he can pack his bags at the end of the season.

This versus, holding out, losing trade value, making himself look bad, and trying to learn a new position at LB in a 3-4 defense at 30 years of age.

Yea but at the same time its not like playing for us is a bad situation. We've got a new DC, a team that loves him, a management willing to spend 17 million just for one year, and a defense where the sky is the limit in terms of talent. Plus if he thrives in the new scheme he may want to stay, get a deal done, become one of the greatest panthers of all time and live out his potential as HOF caliber player. If not he can pack his bags at the end of the season.

This versus, holding out, losing trade value, making himself look bad, and trying to learn a new position at LB in a 3-4 defense at 30 years of age.

I'm not arguing that at all, for sure. I'm just commenting on the guys who seem to have sand in their veejajays over him making an indication that he wants to leave after fulfilling the terms of his contract. Just doesn't make sense to me. That said I see him staying, which is gonna piss those guys off big time...

From the new stripped-down scheme brought in by coordinator Ron Meeks to trading next year's first-round pick so they could take defensive end Everette Brown, there's a sense of a fresh start.

Another reference to a changed defense... weird.

I can't help but think Meeks came in, looked at the playbook and said, "the hell made you keep Trdo as long as you did?"

its harder to find a all pro DE than a all pro LB...

And it's even harder to find a player who can come right in and take control of a defense like Beason has. He may not be the athletic freak Peppers is, but he really does make up for it with his leadership ability. I would hate to see what our defense would be like without Beason.

I'd much rather have Beason than Peppers, that's for sure.

And it's even harder to find a player who can come right in and take control of a defense like Beason has. He may not be the athletic freak Peppers is, but he really does make up for it with his leadership ability. I would hate to see what our defense would be like without Beason.

Why does it have to be either/or, that's what I want to know...

some will begg to differ...same thing with the DE and LB...its harder to find a athletic freak like peppers than a leader on the field ...yes beason is great but if peppers were not all pro than beasons play would not be as good..but thats not vice versa...A LB needs a DE...to put pressure on QB to help make plays..but a DE does not need a LB when he is the one going for the QB himself.

is it me or does every time one of these guys talk about the new defense they find SOME way to suck peppers dick?

I know thats a harsh way to put it, but quit BEGGING.

His ass isnt even there putting in the hard work, focus on the guys who ARE...

The whole Panther Org. kisses JP's ass, and then we all sit around and wonder why he acts like a spoiled bitch....AND takes plays off....

the crap is getting old.

Its like watching one of you buddies kiss a girls ass for months just to be dumped in the end because he is to friggen stupid to realize she doesnt want anything to do with him......

I don't see them begging about anything. I just see them stating their opinion/excitement on how well Peppers would fit in the defense. Honestly, what is wrong with his buddies/teammates sending out some good vibes to the guy?

Sorry, I just don't see the same way as you. `

Given - how much the defense seems to like and is improving through the new scheme offered by Meeks

Given - Peppers is an atheletic freak when properly motivated

Given - Peppers is now once again in a contract year

Hypothesis - good things can only get better by adding in good things.

That's some good science there...

Can we stop the truly stupid argument, you need a complete defense which includes a good defensive end or two and a good middle linebacker.

This team, with what we've seen defensively and what we can expect to see in the near future will always require good play from the defensive end and the linebackers.

I don't see them begging about anything. I just see them stating their opinion/excitement on how well Peppers would fit in the defense. Honestly, what is wrong with his buddies/teammates sending out some good vibes to the guy?

Sorry, I just don't see the same way as you. `

BECAUSE Peppers IS NOT A PANTHER RIGHT NOW.

They need to worry about each other, and their buddies working beside them.

Until Peppers signs he IS NOT EVEN ON THE TEAM.

I am tired of the Peppers BS and think our team should focus on what they have, not who they dont.

I'm not arguing that at all, for sure. I'm just commenting on the guys who seem to have sand in their veejajays over him making an indication that he wants to leave after fulfilling the terms of his contract. Just doesn't make sense to me. That said I see him staying, which is gonna piss those guys off big time...

Thats the point I am making.

Peppers CONTRACT IS UP. He is not signed. The players ARE talking like this to lure him in.

I am just tired of all the sucking up.

Its time to move on. If Pep wants to be a PANTHER he will SIGN his outrageously priced contract.

But until then they need to worry about the guy beside them in the huddle.

Archived