• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' quicker pressure defense sitting well with Lewis

scpanther22

cant wait to see peppers in this scheme

“I think we're doing a pretty good job,” Lewis said. “Guys are getting upfield and pushing the pocket pretty good. We don't have pads on, so guys aren't all-out with it, but I think we've got a good solid group. We're working hard and we've got a good ways to go to get ready for that opener.

Lewis, the team's best interior rusher, said last week he was encouraged by the extensive work on the nickel rush package

“I think Julius would be unbelievable in this scheme,” Lewis said. “I think when he gets back, he's going to be really excited about some things we're doing with the ends. I think he's going to have a lot of fun with it

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/1392353.html

we pay good for UDFA...lol

Defensive tackle Marlon Favorite got $25,000, while offensive linemen Gerald Cadogan, Patrick Brown and C.J. Davis, returner Larry Beavers and quarterback Hunter Cantwell got $20,000 each.

is it me or does every time one of these guys talk about the new defense they find SOME way to suck peppers dick?

I know thats a harsh way to put it, but quit BEGGING.

His ass isnt even there putting in the hard work, focus on the guys who ARE...

The whole Panther Org. kisses JP's ass, and then we all sit around and wonder why he acts like a spoiled bitch....AND takes plays off....

the crap is getting old.

Its like watching one of you buddies kiss a girls ass for months just to be dumped in the end because he is to friggen stupid to realize she doesnt want anything to do with him......

is it me or does every time one of these guys talk about the new defense they find SOME way to suck peppers dick?

The whole Panther Org. kisses JP's ass, and then we all sit around and wonder why he acts like a spoiled bitch....AND takes plays off....

the crap is getting old.

Its like watching one of you buddies kiss a girls ass for months just to be dumped in the end because he is to friggen stupid to realize she doesnt want anything to do with him......

Hahah..

Yes, I'll take Peppers a camp distraction for $500 Alex.

Before the draft, there was always the possibility – albeit remote – that the Panthers could get enough in 2009 draft currency to warrant considering trading Peppers.

The situation is entirely different now. Team officials are under pressure to win this season and to finally make the playoffs in consecutive years for the first time in team history.

Peppers is a big part of the defensive plan for '09 and trading him for future draft picks doesn't help their immediate needs at all.

Team officials expect and believe Peppers will show up for training camp with other players on Aug. 2.

Peppers wanted to play for another team next season, but his mobility as a potential unrestricted free agent was severely limited when the Panthers placed their franchise tag on him.

At this point, it's unlikely Peppers will contest the situation. He's scheduled to make nearly $17 million this season. That's way more than any player, especially one nearing his 30th birthday, should be willing to risk.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/panthers/story/767431.html

the crap is getting old.

lol..well peppers is the best player on the DEF so when he is not there people talk..i dont think he is just siting at home eating doritos the guy is working just not for the team or with the team...

lol..well peppers is the best player on the DEF so when he is not there people talk..i dont think he is just siting at home eating doritos the guy is working just not for the team or with the team...

I would beg to differ on that these days.

Beason is quickly taking over the best player on the D for this team.

I think why every D player keeps saying things about Peppers is because they want him to know its not the same old show. I mean they want him back and can you blame them he is a monster when he wants to be. The fact is Meeks is gonna use Peppers in a way he prob has never been used before and that benefits everyone on the line.

the crap is getting old.

It's you

They are friends with Julius and want him to stay.

Sorry they don't hate him.

Of course, there is the possibility that they're just being honest when they say that Peppers will like the new scheme. If you have watched many Colts games when Meeks was running that defense, you saw that the DE's played the run on their way to the QB and they never had to drop into coverage. It's all about getting into the offensive backfield and creating havoc on every single play. What DE wouldn't love that?

Archived