• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defensive Line Drills

monstercat

For his size his looked fast. I mean the dude is 350+.

I wouldn't say that. Kris Jenkins was fast for that size, Kemo needs to be a little lighter, IMO. In fact, it would probably add a year or two to Kemo's career if he dropped a few pounds and became more of a factor in the passing game.

Even in Tampa with Sapp at undertackle they always had a huge nose tackle like Anthony McFarland. I can't see Meeks going with small guys across the entire line. That would make every game look like NYG from last season.

Old scheme: I'd agree.

Under Meeks? It's worth discussing.

Exactly. Meeks doesn't want space eaters, he wants guys that can play in the opponents backfield. Besides that, 320lbs is still plenty big enough to be a run stuffer. There are some true 3-4 nose tackles in this league that are smaller than Kemo.

Exactly. Meeks doesn't want space eaters, he wants guys that can play in the opponents backfield. Besides that, 320lbs is still plenty big enough to be a run stuffer. There are some true 3-4 nose tackles in this league that are smaller than Kemo.

meeks has said himself we will have a NT here

Even in Tampa with Sapp at undertackle they always had a huge nose tackle like Anthony McFarland. I can't see Meeks going with small guys across the entire line. That would make every game look like NYG from last season.

Booger was about 50lbs lighter than Kemo.

Meeks had McFarland in Indy too.

Not suggesting we go small. But slightly smaller? Perhaps.

At the moment, I'm working on an analysis of what Meeks might do with the personnel here.

Where are people getting this idea that 320-330lbs is too small to play the run anyway? That's still bigger than anybody Meeks had in Indy when they won the Super Bowl, and there have been plenty of NT's that have played at a lighter weight than that. Hell, Booger Mcfarland played at the same weight as Damione Lewis. If he looked bigger, it was because he was only 6' tall, which is even shorter than Everrette Brown.

Archived