• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RG3 not built for the NFL

Zod

He only won't last because Shanahan is a scumbag.

If he played for a head coach that would protect him and not call the option while he's on one leg, he would be something else. Him and Luck are both great, young players as is WIlson. It's a shame for RG3 though how fate has done him.

He is another Vick. Can't pass worth a damn and is nothing without his legs. He is also more injury prone than Vick so I don't see him lasting very long also.

This is pretty ignorant to say the least.. "can't pass worth a damn"? Are you kidding me?

I've been looking for reasons to dislike the guy, can't find any legitimate ones, the LAST thing I'm going to hound him on is his passing ability. To post a rating over 100 as a rookie is great.

Good guy, fine player, just won't hold up for an NFL career physically. I doubt he is in the league in 2 years. If you are a running QB, you better not be built like a wide receiver. Good thing Cam looks more like a TE

That's been my take for a while now. never could get any of my 'football friends' to buy in though.

The argument I always got back was "He's an Olympic level athlete. His body is conditioned for roughness." I argued back that being a great athlete doesn't necessarily make you ready for football. A marathoner may be a phenomenal athlete, but that doesn't mean he can take the pounding that you get in a football game.

I guess now they might agree with me :unsure:

honest question: do you believe that if we had somehow traded cam for luck prior to the season, with all else remaining the same, that the panthers would have made the playoffs?

absolutely impossible to answer.

also, this isn't a Cam vs Luck or RG3 or RW argument for me. my point that i'm trying to get others to see is, as a fanbase, we have to want more than good stats. sure, nothing wrong with finding positives where you can but i have had enough of moral victories.

The Colts and Skins making the playoffs were not on many folks radar's but they did it. Seahawks still had lots of talent from a one playoff win team a couple of years ago so not too shocking.

if Cam ranked dead last in all offensive categories YET the Panthers go to the playoffs, i would be thrilled. and im certain all the over the top Cam fans would be too. that is what our focus should be.

RG3 can't pass? Dude, as a Cam fan, he is right now a better passer than Cam. Stop hating! You're sore loser fanatic.

Oh, he can pass, and may indeed be more accurate than Newton overall.

I don't think it's gonna matter though.

As to the Vick comparisons, Griffin is more of a straight line speed guy while Vick is an elusive runner. And while Vick isn't especially durable (has he ever played a complete season?) he is at least more so than Griffin.

I doubt he makes it more than four, maybe five years. Could even be less if he gets an injury severe enough.

more to the story? not sure which story you are talking about.

you do realize Luck threw for the 2nd most yds by a rookie against a stout Ravens team, while on the road, on the same day an all time great LB Ray Lewis was playing his last game EVER AND without the OC Bruce Arians who missed his ONLY game of the year due to an illness?

again. for me, this isn't about wanting a dif qb in Carolina. we have what we have and can get better.

Good guy, fine player, just won't hold up for an NFL career physically. I doubt he is in the league in 2 years. If you are a running QB, you better not be built like a wide receiver. Good thing Cam looks more like a TE

More like a DE, but yeah Called this one.

And even though Cam is big still don't like the fact that he runs the ball for the same reason

More like a DE, but yeah Called this one.

And even though Cam is big still don't like the fact that he runs the ball for the same reason

Most of the beating Cam has taken has been trying to stand in the pocket behind our poo OL. He usually runs very smart. He gets out of bounds or gets down for the most part. He pretty much only puts himself at risk when going for the sticks on 3rd down or trying to get in the endzone.

Archived