• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RG3 not built for the NFL

Zod

He is another Vick. Can't pass worth a damn and is nothing without his legs. He is also more injury prone than Vick so I don't see him lasting very long also.

Are you high? He just set a rookie record for PASSER RATING and finished third overall for the season for passer rating. Look, I think he gets way too much hype but he is light years ahead of Vick as a passer.

Are you high? He just set a rookie record for PASSER RATING and finished third overall for the season for passer rating. Look, I think he gets way too much hype but he is light years ahead of Vick as a passer.

You've come a little too late in the discussion

Before aggravating the knee: 6-of-9, 68 yards, 2 TDs.

RG3 after the injury: 3-of-7, 8 yards, INT.

Some of the stuff you guys are saying in this thread is completely laughable. Way to over -react.He clearly wasn't comfortable in the pocket or running and couldn't plant his foot properly. Wait till next season before labeling him a "bad" passer.

Thats because Cam outweighs 90% of the defensive players trying to tackle him. When defenders see an avg QB start to scramble, their eyes get huge as they envision that huge bone jarring hit. When Cam starts to run, defensive players close their eyes and hope Cam decides to cut rather than run over them.

Um, no. NFL players do not close their eyes and hope Cam runs away, they try to hit him hard. Cam has been very good at getting down and avoiding the big hit when he gets out and runs. When he has been subjected to constant hits in the pocket (like the Raiders game), Cam has been shaken up just like any QB would.

His awareness when he runs is almost as important as his size

As offenses with this kind of quarterback evolve we will see that the threat of the run is more important than actually running it. This will allow teams to minimize the devastating hits that smaller framed athletic quarterbacks will suffer.

i will take Riv over Shanahan. I will take Cam over either one of these QB's. Bob3 is gonna have 3 years tops in this league.

I am definitely not jealous of the redskins. They mortgaged the next ten years on a QB made of glass and then keep dropping him out of 2nd story windows into rush hour traffic.

Matter of time

RGIII can't survive 19 games.

Vick and RGIII are elusive yet they take brutal hits more than other players. They might escape some plays but they pay for it when they expose themselves to make plays.

Newton has been pretty good at getting down before getting hit. He's still going to get hit sometimes but he won't need to leave the pocket as much if they figure out how to protect him.

Archived