• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RG3 not built for the NFL

Zod

How is that the ACL used to be at minimum a year to come back from? Even still guys seemed to overcompensate with the other leg. Then what Adrian Peterson did was a freak of nature, and now Bob3 is having his second surgery to the same ACL, and needing an LCL repair to boot, and they're talking six months? Is it just advances in medicine or is James Andrews just that good or what? I swear guys missed the next season if they tore an ACL late in the year, and now it's nothing. I'm skeptical about this timetable.

Side Rant: If Bob3 tears it a 3rd time (god forbid) and comes back, and makes the fact that TD did it just a footnote in NFL history, I will forever root for him to be injured again and not feel guilty at all about it.

I know what you mean, Montsta. It seems like they shave a month off the ACL recovery time every year. Soon enough it'll be "Bob Griffin tears ACL. Questionable for Sunday's game."

Really?

201301061854680402582-p2_zps30247ef3.jpeg

I mentioned drew brees and you show a picture of wilson? Fwiw, you can't really go by a picture like that anyway. Griffin could be bending a little, wilson could be wearing cleats and griffin not wearing them, etc. Griffin's official size listed at the combine was 6-2 and 223 lbs, which would make him only slightly below average for an NFL quarterback.

One of the beautiful things about the Indianapolis Combine is it doesn't accept the hype about players.

If a player can run, you'll know it. If a guy can lift, you'll know it. If a guy's size is legit, everyone finds out.

That was important for Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III because he was listed at 6-2 and 220 pounds on the Baylor Bears program and, well, no one believed it. I heard and read, even on this forum, posters and readers saying the Baylor program's promo of RG3 translated to him being perhaps 6-foot and 200 pounds.

Wrong! Griffin was measured today. His official height is 6-2 3/8. That's legt. He weighed in at 223 pounds. Also legit.

How is that the ACL used to be at minimum a year to come back from? Even still guys seemed to overcompensate with the other leg. Then what Adrian Peterson did was a freak of nature, and now Bob3 is having his second surgery to the same ACL, and needing an LCL repair to boot, and they're talking six months? Is it just advances in medicine or is James Andrews just that good or what? I swear guys missed the next season if they tore an ACL late in the year, and now it's nothing. I'm skeptical about this timetable.

Side Rant: If Bob3 tears it a 3rd time (god forbid) and comes back, and makes the fact that TD did it just a footnote in NFL history, I will forever root for him to be injured again and not feel guilty at all about it.

science, how does it work

For total reconstructive knee surgery, I'm definitely side-eyeing that 6-8 months timetable. I think they're being awfully optimistic. RG3 would be an idiot if he tries to come back that soon.....

i expect it. he lied about how bad it was and shanny blinds himself to reality and puts players back in before they should and then lies about it or plays dumb.

they'll do it again.

Archived