• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RG3 not built for the NFL

Zod

Seems it's ACL & LCL... Damn...

I'll tell you this for those that haven't played sports. An athlete says "coach, I think I'm too hurt to keep playing" about as frequently as a member of Congress says "you know, I don't really need that pay raise".

Anyone else remember Byron Leftwich being carried to the line of scrimmage by his college teammates between plays? That's a pretty good example of how badly athletes want to compete.

I probably wasn't much more than eight or nine years old the first time I heard the phrase "play through it". You're taught that from early on, and the guys who make it to the pros have a mindset that's probably pretty similar to Monty Python's Black Knight ("just a flesh wound").

Griffin definitely deserves a fair share of the blame for insisting on staying in, but I think about anybody who saw him in that game could tell he needed to sit down.

Shanahan should have benched him for his oen good. Now, like a lot of people do, he may well have sacrificed a long-term benefit for a short-term boost.

THAT coach should've had his ass kicked.

Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will undergo total reconstruction of knee for complete tear of ACL and LCL. Recovery projection: 6-8 mos.

Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will undergo total reconstruction of knee for complete tear of ACL and LCL. Recovery projection: 6-8 mos.

— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport)

January 9, 2013

How is that the ACL used to be at minimum a year to come back from? Even still guys seemed to overcompensate with the other leg. Then what Adrian Peterson did was a freak of nature, and now Bob3 is having his second surgery to the same ACL, and needing an LCL repair to boot, and they're talking six months? Is it just advances in medicine or is James Andrews just that good or what? I swear guys missed the next season if they tore an ACL late in the year, and now it's nothing. I'm skeptical about this timetable.

Side Rant: If Bob3 tears it a 3rd time (god forbid) and comes back, and makes the fact that TD did it just a footnote in NFL history, I will forever root for him to be injured again and not feel guilty at all about it.

How is that the ACL used to be at minimum a year to come back from? Even still guys seemed to overcompensate with the other leg. Then what Adrian Peterson did was a freak of nature, and now Bob3 is having his second surgery to the same ACL, and needing an LCL repair to boot, and they're talking six months? Is it just advances in medicine or is James Andrews just that good or what? I swear guys missed the next season if they tore an ACL late in the year, and now it's nothing. I'm skeptical about this timetable.

Side Rant: If Bob3 tears it a 3rd time (god forbid) and comes back, and makes the fact that TD did it just a footnote in NFL history, I will forever root for him to be injured again and not feel guilty at all about it.

Your timeline is all fuged up when you're comparing him to TD

It still takes over 6-8 months for just acl, lcl should add 3-4 months on top of that. Time table should have been around 9-12 months. Just lowered to give fans hope, or in case his recovery is faster than normal.

The lcl by itself takes 8-12 months, add the acl and the injury is harder to recover from. I'd be surprised if he's back before late Oct

Archived