• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RG3 not built for the NFL

Zod

He is another Vick. Can't pass worth a damn and is nothing without his legs. He is also more injury prone than Vick so I don't see him lasting very long also.

CAnt pass worth a damn hmmmmm

COMP % 65.6

TDs 20

INT 5

QBR 71.4

QB Rating 102.4 (Mannings P 105.8 Rodgers 108)

Pass Yards 3200

I think he can pass the ball a little bit.

One thing that ought to be clearly separated here...

Criticism of Griffin's physical durability is not equal to criticizing his skills as a player.

Dan Morgan was a phenomenal player. You could argue his skill set and his passion for football might have led him to the Hall of Fame if he's just been able to stay healthy. Unfortunately, he couldn't.

Griffin has shown that he has the skill to be a very good NFL quarterback. I just don't think his body will hold up long enough for him to have that chance.

(and obviously, I'm not alone in that thought)

One thing that ought to be clearly separated here...

Criticism of Griffin's physical durability is not equal to criticizing his skills as a player.

Dan Morgan was a phenomenal player. You could argue his skill set and his passion for football might have led him to the Hall of Fame if he's just been able to stay healthy. Unfortunately, he couldn't.

Griffin has shown that he has the skill to be a very good NFL quarterback. I just don't think his body will hold up long enough for him to have that chance.

(and obviously, I'm not alone in that thought)

Exactly.

& hopefully the early reports on his knee are wrong.

Go listen to his postgame presser. He wanted to be out there regardless of his knee. He said that he didn't believe he was hurting the team and he believed he gave them the best chance to win. He only left the field when he couldn't play anymore. He was staying on that field until he was dragged off in a bodybag. It's the mentality of a athlete. I'm sure it's easy for fat middle aged guys sitting behind a keyboard to say he should have been out but rg3 saw it differently and accountability is on him.

God, I can't help thinking that if Cam had said and done what RG said and did, how much the words "selfish, immature," and the phrase " me first" would have been thrown around today, especially since the team lost. Such is the life and created image of these players.

I want to emphasize that what I posted earlier was from unsubstantiated and unconfrimed Twitter reports. However, the news likely won't be good. Shanahan said in his presser they still weren't sure of the extent of the injury, which to me is trash. They know it's bad and they're sending RG3 to see Dr. Andrews again for a second opinion. Shanahan also referenced AP's injury and RG3's previous ACL tear.

Just bad all around.

If this ends up being true, Shanahan should be fired.

Stupid, self-serving asshole.

Remember when he sent Terrell Davis out as a decoy when TD was suffering from migraines and could barely see? Vintage Shanny baby, vintage Shanny.

Fug Redskin fans though, fug'em to hell.

Archived