• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RG3 not built for the NFL

Zod

I absolutely blame Shanahan, that idiot should never have risked his franchise's future by putting RG3 back out there when it was obvious he wasn't even at 60%.

And as for whether RG3 will be able to take hits like that all that often, I don't know. I do know that players attempt to arm tackle Cam far more frequently than they do RG3. Something about 260 lbs of muscle tends to make defenders choose their steps wisely.

Yeah it was a dumb fuvk move especially considering the backup had played well when his numebr was called.

Hey guys, Andrew luck, Russell Wilson, bob griff, and Cam newt go out to get some pizza...Who's driving?

(Actual leadership question asked in scouting interviews)

Cam throws the car to the pizza joint, Wilson runs down field to block, Griff is in the backseat because of his knee, & Luck sits in the front passenger side seat & gets all of the credit.

Cam throws the car to the pizza joint, Wilson runs down field to block, Griff is in the car because o his knee, & Luck gets all of the credit.

False.

Luck drives because he is the smartest.

Griffin sits shotgun because he is the most popular and pampered.

Wilson sits in the backseat because he's always forgotten about an he's short.

And Cam eats all the pizza because he is selfish.

look i don't think anybody actually hates griffin or thinks he's a bad person. none of us live in a vacuum though so our perception of the guy was tinted by the endless deep throating of him by media outlets and, of course, exposure to the awful hicks who pull for the redskins in the carolinas.

outside of the injury concerns, griffin's game does have weaknesses. his accuracy is unquestionable and he hits the short and intermediate routes on a rope but he doesn't have a very good deep ball nor does he have a particularly strong arm. if you want someone who can stand in the pocket and deliver a 50 yard strike that splits two defenders and drops right into a wideout's hands, he's not your guy. that isn't a huge deal in a west coast system like the one griffin plays in but every offense wants the deep pass to be something of a threat at the very least. putting up ducks tends to lead to inopportune turnovers as we saw last night.

people get frustrated (and rightfully so) when cam launches a missile and overthrows an open receiver deep downfield by two steps but often times the alternative is much less desirable.

I noticed the same thing yesterday that Luck and RG3's long passes look like mortar shots with a high ballistic trajectory whereas Cam and Wilson's long passes look more like they were shot out of a rifle (harder throw, shallower arc).

Go listen to his postgame presser. He wanted to be out there regardless of his knee. He said that he didn't believe he was hurting the team and he believed he gave them the best chance to win. He only left the field when he couldn't play anymore. He was staying on that field until he was dragged off in a bodybag. It's the mentality of a athlete. I'm sure it's easy for fat middle aged guys sitting behind a keyboard to say he should have been out but rg3 saw it differently and accountability is on him.

In other words, who is Shanny to believe? RG3? Or his lyin' eyes?

AMIRIGHT?

Thats because Cam outweighs 90% of the defensive players trying to tackle him. When defenders see an avg QB start to scramble, their eyes get huge as they envision that huge bone jarring hit. When Cam starts to run, defensive players close their eyes and hope Cam decides to cut rather than run over them.

I'll say the same thing about Russell except he's a lot shorter than Cam. But the way he was helping his team block in yesterday's game, he looks like he can take some hits and keep moving.

Archived