• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Thomas is a guy I want to talk about

CardiacCats

Our CB situation could get very interesting this offseason as there seems to be a growing chance Gamble will be cut. If he is we HAVE to go CB in round 1 or 2. Cutting Gamble saves money so I think it's a move we need to make.

Munnerlyn is a free agent and even if we keep him he's more of a nickel/3 guy

But Josh Thomas played well in my opinion and deserves a big opportunity next year. I think no matter what he played well enou to earn a shot to be the #2 guy. Am I crazy? He seems to play well in the run game and really thrived when he got his chance this year.

I like how our younger corners are developing. We proved we could win and play strong D without Gamble. I like him personally, but Josh Thomas is more physical, plays the press better, is younger, and cheaper. I actually don't think we have to go CB round 1 or 2 but maybe the mid rounds. We need an OT and a WR in the first two rounds.. If Cam's the future you have to protect him at all cost

Gamble's tackling has, relatively speaking, greatly improved the last 2 years and I hope they find a way to keep him. That said, Thomas is a player worth being excited about. If he can mature a bit and limit the penalties, he has a future on the field.

Wait, Gamble went on IR after week 7? And our defense kept getting better without him? And we finished with a top 10 unit?

Well we better not cut the man without spending a first on his replacement, obviously, his backups sucked donkey balls!1!!

#Herpaderp #HuddleLogic

Right now, our corbernacks consist of Gamble, Munnerlyn, Thomas, Norman and Dockery. I would certainly think about cutting Gamble and adding another veteran like Quintin Jammer and potentially drafting an additional corner. You'd probably get slightly better production than what you got this past season - for about $5 million less.

Archived