• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Thomas is a guy I want to talk about

CardiacCats

Our CB situation could get very interesting this offseason as there seems to be a growing chance Gamble will be cut. If he is we HAVE to go CB in round 1 or 2. Cutting Gamble saves money so I think it's a move we need to make.

Munnerlyn is a free agent and even if we keep him he's more of a nickel/3 guy

But Josh Thomas played well in my opinion and deserves a big opportunity next year. I think no matter what he played well enou to earn a shot to be the #2 guy. Am I crazy? He seems to play well in the run game and really thrived when he got his chance this year.

Yeah I think he's a #2 CB guy. If we lose Gamble, we need to bring in a #1 type guy in the draft/FA. Hopefully Norman develops in the offseason too.

Yep this is pretty much what I'm thinking. Cutting/trading Gamble looks like a must right now. At 14 overall or even in round 2 we should definitely be able to find a really solid replacement that can be just as good.

Thomas seems solid but can he be a playmaker? It would be nice if he added some size. I think his main problem is covering bigger receivers though he is physical. Receivers that got the best of him weren't scrubs.

Cutting Gamble doesn't convince me we need a corner more than DT/OL. The secondary played well above expectations considering who was back there. The times where it looked bad was when they couldn't stop the run, which was when Edwards went down.

I wish we could add talent to both DT and CB/S early in the draft but it doesn't seem possible.

Finally a thread with potential. My personal opinion of Josh Thomas is that his play had more to do with the excellence of our front 4 this year, and less about him going out there and being a baller. This is true about our entire secondary tho. Look at Godfrey's numbers the years where we have decent line play and the years we dont. The guy puts up pro-bowl stats.

I really liked him and Dockery toward the end of the season. They both made some plays. Played the ball well when it was in the air. Were able to cover receivers long enough on some sacks so the d line could get there. Cant wait see what they look like after the off season. The only two corners worth taking in the first to me are Milliner and Banks who could both possibly be gone by the time we pick. Dont really want to go corner in the first tho, wouldnt mine the second round and down.

Archived