• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Rivera staying do we bring in Norv?

Panthers4lyfe

I think Chud can be fine if he limits the read option and focuses slightly more on running in key situations (red zone anybody)?

Chud's issues are more than just overusing the read option early this year.....

He too often doesn't understand when to run vs pass. He was bad in that department the first half of both his seasons here. After 2011 was done people completely forgot how questionable he was early in 2011.

Kyle Shanahan sucks.....give him RGIII and suddenly he is a "mad scientist". We can do better than Chud IMO. Most OCs if given Cam are going to appear like "mad scientist" who suddenly are shockingly creative. Chud's 4 yr history as a OC IMO isn't impressive.....very inconsistent IMO.

issue with replacing Chud is I bet Rivera is now handicapped on bringing in a new coordinator like Fox got. Fox was on thin ice late and couldn't get the guys he might of wanted....they wanted better long term deals.

Is there a coack salary cap? Why the hell are we worried about coaches salaries??

Bc JR's pie chart still exists.

There were stories of how Fox was limited late on coordinators bc since he was on thin ice new coaches were asked to sign one year deals

Chud's issues are more than just overusing the read option early this year.....

He too often doesn't understand when to run vs pass. He was bad in that department the first half of both his seasons here.

True. I can't count the number of times we were inside the five yd. line and he called 3 short passes (not Cam's strength) in a row while DWill, Stew and Tolbert gathered dust.

My thinking with Chud stems from the way the D played last year. The O had to score a million points for us to win. So he spent the offseason devising ways to score two million points.

When the D started playing well, Chud starting calling less goofy plays. He didn't have to cover for the D anymore so he dialed it down a notch or twelve.

When we became a more balanced team, Chud called a more balanced offense. That, and Cam going on a tear.

This year Chud doesn't have to outthink himself. He can concentrate on a well balanced offense. Or at least that is my hope.

I hope so, I am on record for saying that Rivera needs a 3rd year ( outside of being hype that Kelly would be our replacement ) and Chud needs to go. Norv is a great offensive mind and ALL of his QBs would take a bullet for him, hes that kind of offensive coach. He has the ability to take Cam to the elite passer level.

For the OP, I think you are overstating Rivera's comments regarding having more experience on his staff. He was asked during a press conference if he regretted not having a more experienced coach on his staff, and he replied along the lines of "yeah, in hindsight that might have been appropriate" (paraphrasing).

I don't believe he ever said it was his greatest regret.

Archived