• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cowher to carolina?

Panthers4lyfe

I'm just saying

We can't even put together back-to-back winning seasons and now going to poo on what Cowher has done

We are also the Carolina Panthers, not the Steelers. Cowher is overrated. Look what Tomlin has done in 6 years. Hell, look what he did in 4 years. Give me a break. Cowher is a loud mouth, that underachieved for a decade and a half. Do not want.

We are also the Carolina Panthers, not the Steelers. Cowher is overrated. Look what Tomlin has done in 6 years. Hell, look what he did in 4 years. Give me a break. Cowher is a loud mouth, that underachieved for a decade and a half. Do not want.

Sure, give me Tomlin too. Except he's got a job.

Take a look at all the great QB's Cowher had and then tell me how he underachieved.

Who are all these candidates we are looking at that are likely to be better? Or maybe you think Rivera is better?

It doesn't matter, because JR is not going to hire him, but saying he wouldn't be a viable candidate is insane.

Sure, give me Tomlin too. Except he's got a job.

Take a look at all the great QB's Cowher had and then tell me how he underachieved.

Who are all these candidates we are looking at that are likely to be better? Or maybe you think Rivera is better?

It doesn't matter, because JR is not going to hire him, but saying he wouldn't be a viable candidate is insane.

I just cant see Cowher as an upgrade at this point. I WOULD rather stick with RR.

Also, Brian Billick won with Trent Dilfer, Lovie Smith also won with Rex Grossman etc etc..

You wouldn't be happy if we won 9 NFC South titles and a Superbowl in the next 15 years? That's what he did in Pittsburgh. Like him or not, his achievements are pretty dang impressive. Nobody is a sure thing but Cowher has a proven record of success and he always assembled a great staff of assistant coaches. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Wont bother discusssing the merits of a Cowher hire

If Richardson actually wants "to emulate Rooney" then he wouldn't even give Cowher a look. Rooney never hired retreads. The only guys he ever hired were defensive coordinators (kinda like we do).

Lets see...

Since 1995 the Panthers are on their 4th Head Coach, reportedly contemplating #5.

Since 1992 the Steelers are still on their 2nd and have no plans to make a move.

So your comparison is not a very good one.

I would take Cowher over Rivera in a heartbeat.

You'd have to be dense to think otherwise.

It took Bill Cowger how long to win a Super Bowl?

The 2nd year after he had a Franchise Quarterback.

Although he did go to 5 Conference Championships and another Super Bowl previous to having a Franchise QB.

Archived