• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cowher to carolina?

Panthers4lyfe

Cowher has won a lot of games, won some big games (SB). could put together a real good staff, has a mans chin, and most importantly for some, very demostrative on the side lines. All legitimate reasons for wanting him.

The only drawback. We already have a coach.

Well, that's all I'm really looking for in a coach.

Disagree that "demonstrative on the sideline" is a good reason.

I said for some it is a necessity.

And what does my watching his last year in Pitt mean? He left after what,14 years. Been gone another 7. He may not want to return. If he did. Wouldn't he say something by now?

I am behind Rivera. Don't want Cowher. Even if we fire Ron I don't want Cowher. Just bringing up some points of interest. Or maybe just interesting to me.

And what does my watching his last year in Pitt mean? He left after what,14 years. Been gone another 7. He may not want to return. If he did. Wouldn't he say something by now?

I am behind Rivera. Don't want Cowher. Even if we fire Ron I don't want Cowher. Just bringing up some points of interest. Or maybe just interesting to me.

Totally agree with you on this one. I don't think Cowher was that great to begin with, and his reputation makes him seem a lot better or more talented than he really is. If/when Ron gets canned, I'd prefer a lot of other coaches over Bill.

I ask because after winning the Super Bowl the prior year, a lot of folks felt like he "mailed it in" his final season. That doesn't say much for post Super Bowl "hunger".

Totally agree with you on this one. I don't think Cowher was that great to begin with, and his reputation makes him seem a lot better or more talented than he really is. If/when Ron gets canned, I'd prefer a lot of other coaches over Bill.

Thanks for agreeing Sparky. After 20+ years of marriage it is nice to be argeeed with.

Don't get me wrong. At one time he was good, ever very good. I just happen to think that he is happy not coaching. And that is not how a coach operates. They eat, think, and breath football.

IMO, if he wanted back in he would have announced it by now. I am sure someone would ****** him up if he did come back. I just don't want him here. It concerns me that he walked away and never looked back. That just isn't how coaches act. Or then again, I could be wrong. Again.

Florio throws poo on a wall and sees what falls off.

Yeah that whole "successful troll is successful" meme should have a picture of his face on it. He went from having a gossip blog for men/NFL fans to one of the top "insiders" in the media pretty fast.

maybe i'm a dumbass for thinking this but i believe he'd be another mike ditka on the saints if he returned to the NFL.

I agree with this. I don't think his heart is in coaching anymore. How many offers do u think he's turned down the past 5 years?

Thanks for agreeing Sparky. After 20+ years of marriage it is nice to be argeeed with.

Don't get me wrong. At one time he was good, ever very good. I just happen to think that he is happy not coaching. And that is not how a coach operates. They eat, think, and breath football.

IMO, if he wanted back in he would have announced it by now. I am sure someone would ****** him up if he did come back. I just don't want him here. It concerns me that he walked away and never looked back. That just isn't how coaches act. Or then again, I could be wrong. Again.

Oh, you. :cool:

Yeah your last point makes a lot of sense. We rarely hear the dudes name mentioned anywhere outside of Panthers rumors. Check this one off to Florio looking for website traffic. tool.

I ask because after winning the Super Bowl the prior year, a lot of folks felt like he "mailed it in" his final season. That doesn't say much for post Super Bowl "hunger".

That is my main concern with him. His hunger. IMO, that is not something you can just turn on and off. You either have it or you don't.

I know the Steelers collapsed in a hurry before he left. Never really thought much about it as I was never a fan. Maybe that is why he walked away. Lost his fire. Makes sense on why he has never made any overtures at returning.

Oh, you. :cool:

Yeah your last point makes a lot of sense. We rarely hear the dudes name mentioned anywhere outside of Panthers rumors. Check this one off to Florio looking for website traffic. tool.

You are right. He has probably had a lot of offers through the years. If he hasn't returned by now, not sure he ever will.

He went from being a top notch coach to oblivion in a hurry though. Must be a reason. He is probably the only one that knows the truth. Well maybe the wife does too. But I don't think we will ever see him on the sidelines again. All I know is I don't want him here. Too many good young coaches that need the opportunity to worry about him right now.

That, and I truly believe Rivera deserves one more year to see what he can do.

Archived