• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cowher to carolina?

Panthers4lyfe

Bill Cowher will not be our coach. Nor should he be. The game is a lot different than it was when he coached.

Yes, in 2006 they wore leather helmets and the forward pass had not been invented yet.

Plus, he probably hasn't watched a game or talked to anybody in football since his departure way back in those ancient times.

A "hunch" from a guy with ties to the Steelers (and probably none to the Panthers)...Oy :rolleyes:

From the way he words it, doesn't even sound like Florio takes it all that seriously.

Now, if we had inquired about Omar Khan, I might find this plausible. But to date, we haven't.

And I'll add that this paragraph...

And with Panthers owner Jerry Richardson openly hoping to emulate the Rooneys, what better way than to hire Bill Cowher?

...is totally off base. If Richardson actually wants "to emulate Rooney" then he wouldn't even give Cowher a look. Rooney never hired retreads. The only guys he ever hired were defensive coordinators (kinda like we do).

I am pretty Meh on Chower bc he has been removed from the game a bit..possibly losing the driving fire he once had.

Howeva! Hiring Grimm and Whisenhunt on the staff just sent it over the top...fug Norv Turner. Rivera stays as assistant head coach WHAT we all win...Chip Kelly as Rbs coach! Holgram Bill Walsh to work with the WRS!!!

3879_-_animated_gif_chuck_norris_dodgeball_thumbs_up.gif&size=400x1000

It's pure speculation, but I'd love to see it happen.

I'm not saying Cowher is the end-all-be-all of HC candidates, but he has extensive experience as a HC and he's been to the top of the mountain as a HC and that's what this team needs most right now.

He could also assemble a pretty impressive staff on a moments notice... that's a big advantage over a first-time HC who has to scramble to put together a staff and then weed out the non-hackers.

Archived