• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Wednesday... Shouldn't we hear something today?

CardiacCats

With the number of GM's fired after the season, I would not expect quick decisions.

The guys that are sought after are very likely to want to leverage teams against each other and look at all of their options.

Unless you overpay, don't expect quick announcements.

Ugh lol maybe I'm just being optimistic. I want to know something lol

You're not being optimistic, you're being unrealistic.

Even if they know exactly who they want to be the GM it will take some time at least to do interviews and agree to a contract (assuming that person accepts the position - we can't just name someone GM without their consent).

Everyone hoping for a decision on Rivera before the GM is in place is in for a serious disappointment. It is extremely unlikely that we will hear a decision on the coaching staff before the GM is here and has had a chance to review Accorsi's recommendations with Richardson / perform their own abbreviated review.

We also have to remember that this organization is not media friendly. Teams around the league leak their candidates to the media or will openly talk about / hit at who they want (see: Cleveland). This one will go to great lengths to ensure the media doesn't have a damn clue what's going on. If you want a barometer watch Tom Sorensen. He seems to be the only one who ever gets any real info (he broke the story that Fox would not be retained before his last season even started).

I personally don't expect to hear anything on the GM until Friday and coaching decisions, at the earliest, Monday. If they are leaning towards keeping the existing coaching staff it could take even longer.

If you stood back a thought about it for a second you'd realize that no matter what the decisions in BoA were regarding our future, that 70-80% of the posters here are going to do nothing but piss and moan. I dont know why you are in such a hurry to bring that much discord and woe on us.

Everyone outside of us on this board says the same thing: That Richardson won't open his checkbook to really pay a big time coach. I didn't know that was the perception outside of Carolina until I started reading a lot around the net. That's why no one thinks we are a player for Kelly and why a lot of people think we'll hang onto Ron

Archived