• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Ross on the move

TruCatzFan

*insert off topic quip* Ok you got me I'm off topic. I just couldn't believe you said you would stop being a Panther fan if the GM you want isn't hired. (Or if Beane takes over) A little extreme if you ask me.

The "gm i want hired" qualifies several people

just the ones who don't have any real experience running a football team and don't come from a winning culture are excluded

*insert off topic quip* Ok you got me I'm off topic. I just couldn't believe you said you would stop being a Panther fan if the GM you want isn't hired. (Or if Beane takes over) A little extreme if you ask me.

I wouldn't worry about being off topic. Mr. Love is only here to call us all numbnuts or retarded. I'm thinking he is about 15 or 16 years old.

I got the point, numbnuts

It doesn't apply in today's league. Back then franchises really had the odds stacked against them. Whatever opportunities the Panthers are missing is not because they simply don't have the resources to access those opportunities. They choose not to for their own misguided take on what builds a football team. Promoting Beane would be a prime example of the prior sentence.

So you know for a fact that Beane being promoted would regress this team? I don't want Beane either but people get all riled about things they know absolutely nothing about. Including myself. I want Ross because in my opinion it would be a fresh start. Will it work out better than Beane? Maybe, maybe not. All speculation at this point.

So you know for a fact that Beane being promoted would regress this team? I don't want Beane either but people get all riled about things they know absolutely nothing about. Including myself. I want Ross because in my opinion it would be a fresh start. Will it work out better than Beane? Maybe, maybe not. All speculation at this point.

pretty much

I mean if you are the least bit perceptive you can deduce this out of researching what the guy's done.

Hiring beane is like letting the Equipment manager play qb isn't of a high level draft pick. One we know has the skills but then there's people sayi give him a chance we don't even know what he can do yet. Some a more qualified then others. Beane is a other

Out: Marty Hurney

My prediction: Marc Ross. Princeton guy, very bright; Ross has done a great job in New York as the Giants' director of college scouting. He can construct the type of team that they want in Carolina, building the defense in a similar mold to the Giants' unit.

Hope he's right!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000120608/article/jon-gruden-to-chargers-predictions-for-coach-gm-openings

Hiring beane is like letting the Equipment manager play qb isn't of a high level draft pick. One we know has the skills but then there's people sayi give him a chance we don't even know what he can do yet. Some a more qualified then others. Beane is a other

Please, never post again.

Archived