• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Ross on the move

TruCatzFan

I LOL at all of the posters acting like they know who the GM should be over folks that have actually been involved with pro sports franchises for many many years. I'll go on record as sayin that I don't care who the hire is. I believe that Acorsi is doing his job and JR will use the advise given to him and make a good solid choice. That includes Beane as well. No one here has any idea if the guy can do the job or not. All this BS about him learning from Hurney means nothing. I worked and learned my profession from people that lost their jobs due to lack of performance. When I was promoted years later I'm certain there were many that felt just as some on this board do about Beane. 20 years later I'm still in my position with the same company. I'm pretty certain JR is using the advise from his consultant and none of us know that Beane isn't being pushed by Acorsi. If you're gonna leave if Beane is named GM why not just leave now and find another team to pull for?

I LOL at all of the posters acting like they know who the GM should be over folks that have actually been involved with pro sports franchises for many many years. I'll go on record as sayin that I don't care who the hire is. I believe that Acorsi is doing his job and JR will use the advise given to him and make a good solid choice. That includes Beane as well. No one here has any idea if the guy can do the job or not. All this BS about him learning from Hurney means nothing. I worked and learned my profession from people that lost their jobs due to lack of performance. When I was promoted years later I'm certain there were many that felt just as some on this board do about Beane. 20 years later I'm still in my position with the same company. I'm pretty certain JR is using the advise from his consultant and none of us know that Beane isn't being pushed by Acorsi. If you're gonna leave if Beane is named GM why not just leave now and find another team to pull for?

No it does not

Kill yoself

Every person that mentions Beane can kill yoself

If Beane is our GM next season, JR and the Panthers can kill themselves

if they hire beane then you can have my seat. i'll go find a team that actually makes a concerted effort at competing. you can stay here and rationalize our organization making decisions like autistics for the next ten years if you want. i'd rather be cheering for a team in january then coming up with any excuse i can as to why the team isn't competing in january.

Because what you do is exactly like managing a multi million dollar business and Evaluating possible talent.

Loads different from some desk job.

if they hire beane then you can have my seat. i'll go find a team that actually makes a concerted effort at competing. you can stay here and rationalize our organization making decisions like autistics for the next ten years if you want. i'd rather be cheering for a team in january then coming up with any excuse i can as to why the team isn't competing in january.

Why wait? Leave now.

If you fire Hurney, then you must do the opposite. Promoting from within won't strike fear into anybody. The Panthers are too loyal of an organization at times, this is a time where you have to hire from the outside.

Everybody needs to be put on notice. No playoffs since 2008, things have to change.

wow another fairweather fan spotted.

Because what you do is exactly like managing a multi million dollar business and Evaluating possible talent.

Loads different from some desk job.

Actually it's not just a desk job bro. It's not like managing this franchise, but I do manage 75 employees for a company that nets 1,000,000 a year and I'm the only manager in the company that has survived the many changes that have happened over 20 years.

Why wait? Leave now.

This is about as awful a retort as it gets.

Because a franchise is as good as it is run. We've lacked success because our personnel management the last few years has been awful overall. This decision has huge implications. Not only are we hiring a new GM, that GM's going to remodel the personnel executive landscape of our team, or, in Beane's case, not change anything else. Are we going to hire someone who actually knows something about running a team or the guy who's been basically a placeholder since October and up until that point was responsible for booking hotel rooms?

Archived