• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

XBox live help!

Jackofalltrades

My brother just got hooked up with XBox live and we're trying to play together in multiplayer mode on Call of Duty, World at War, but for the life of me I can't get it to work. Co-op wasn't a problem, but I'm cluess, if it makes any difference we're trying to hook up in the Team Deathmatch part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John (joat1977)

Jack,

You cannot play two players on the same xbox online. You can only play co-op campaign as two player on COD.

Correction you can't do it in the COD games, you can do it in Halo 3.

It's usually on a game by game baises, BTW my GT is xChillix, and I play COD4-5 and Halo 3 online I haven't played anything lately because I've just been bored with my games.

So if we both have our own Xbox's, own Xbox Live accounts, in two seperate locations we can't play in multiplayer together? I see people do it all the time. I guess I didn't clarify- he has his own Xbox now and Xbox live account, does that help any? I know you have to invite him to a party, which I've done, but once we've done that we can't seem to get hooked up in the same matches, we end up getting split up.

So if we both have our own Xbox's, own Xbox Live accounts, in two seperate locations we can't play in multiplayer together? I see people do it all the time. I guess I didn't clarify- he has his own Xbox now and Xbox live account, does that help any? I know you have to invite him to a party, which I've done, but once we've done that we can't seem to get hooked up in the same matches, we end up getting split up.

That I cant help ya with!

Yeah not sure what to tell you. You usually invite your friends to your lobby then you join another lobby to play other people. Somewhere along the line you guys are screwing up.

I see. hmmm before you start the match you should be able to party up, if it's spliting you up after that then that would lead me to believe that you may have an issue with your router.

Good news is that I could probably fix it for you, bad news is I would have to be there in person and that's not likely to happen, my advice would be if what I have said doesn't work try and go to an actual nerd forum, and ask one of them.

My guess is unless it's Operator Error it's the router.

Nah, we figured it out. Doc, you are close,it is the servers for the game that are kicking us to a 11/12 group or a map we do not have yet. Damn them, I found the forums for CoCW@W uses and it is a major complaint that the system does this. And of course no fix in the works.

Archived