• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article on Charles johnson

scpanther22

What do you all expect from him this year..I think with a good TC and preseason he takes Braytons spot

"It was a numbers game," said Beason, also in his third season with Carolina. "You had a proven veteran in Mike Rucker who was still here and obviously a freak in Julius Peppers. There wasn't much room for him as a rookie. But it allowed him to get experience and maybe a chip on his shoulder to rebound and show what he can do.

"I look for him to be a household name this year."

Johnson managed 30 tackles and 19 quarterback hurries last season while playing mostly on passing downs. He'll now have to learn to defend the run and get a feel for Meeks' new system, which calls for more pursuit and running to the ball.

And Johnson insisted he's not worrying about the Peppers stalemate.

"I'm getting more reps," Johnson said. "You never know what's going to happen."

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/251/story/738060.html

What do you all expect from him this year..I think with a good TC and preseason he takes Braytons spot

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/251/story/738060.html

If Peppers come back and plays then Johnson may move back to left end and fight it out with Brayton for the starting role. It will depend on which one of them is more stout against the run. If Johnson can hold his own against the run, he probably has an advantage pass rushing. On the other hand if he struggles they may decide to do what they did last year, start Brayton on first and second down and move him inside when Kemo goes out and bring Johnson is on third downs. Either way both will get their opportunities since with Meeks' high energy system, there will lots of rotations and everyone will play quite a bit. I doubt we will see one guy take all the snaps given Meeks values a high motor and constant pressure.

Brown and Johnson could be a nice combo.. if Hilee Taylor can show improvement in his sophomore year, we might have something w/o Peppers..

but obviously i want Pep back..

i agree i think we will be fine without peppers..with johnson brown and taylor and brayton

I could definitely see Johnson standing out and starting by mid-season, if not earlier... We may have our 2 starting DE's for years to come in Johnson and Brown.... Certainly, that would be the goal...

I think Brayton is gonna be hard to knock off. He has very good improvement from the first part of the season to the second. IMO our Starting DEs would be Johnson on the Right and Brayton on the Left when camp begins. If peppers comes back its gonna be a hard fought battle between Him and Johnson but IMO Brayton would win.

I think Brayton is gonna be hard to knock off. He has very good improvement from the first part of the season to the second. IMO our Starting DEs would be Johnson on the Right and Brayton on the Left when camp begins. If peppers comes back its gonna be a hard fought battle but IMO Brayton would win.

Get off the crack. Peppers wouldn't even have to try to win that job. I like Brayton just fine, but if Peppers is on the team, he's playing, Brayton will have to try to win the other side, period. You really think the Panthers are going to pay a backup 16.7 million?, really... :lol:

Get off the crack. Peppers wouldn't even have to try to win that job. I like Brayton just fine, but if Peppers is on the team, he's playing, Brayton will have to try to win the other side, period. You really think the Panthers are going to pay a backup 16.7 million?, really... :lol:

lol...16.7 to be a backup for a team that i dont wont to be on sounds good..lol if i was peppers

You know, I could be wrong, but I believe he meant that if Peppers comes back then there will be a hard fought battle between Johnson and Brayton for the other starting spot.

But that's just a guess though...

I'm pretty sure he meant b/t Johnson and Brayton, meaning Peppers came back and pushed Johnson back to the left.

ok thats what he just said ^^^ my bad

Archived