• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam won't get suspended for a game, will he?

CardiacCats

They were celebrating the sack, did you watch the game moron? ...WTF are you talking about

Start by making sense

oh ya...go fugg yourself

"They" may have even "celebrating", but Tommy Kelly in particular was "celebrating" by trying to push Cam Newton through the ground on a short cut to China.

Moron.

"They" may have even "celebrating", but Tommy Kelly in particular was "celebrating" by trying to push Cam Newton through the ground on a short cut to China.

Moron.

Wsup with the quotes man...lol

I am not interested in arguing about what set Cam off. Try that w. someone else.

All I am saying is he should not have kicked regardless of what the raiders did or what you think they did. I thought that was clear in my initial post...smh

Wsup with the quotes man...lol

I am not interested in arguing about what set Cam off. Try that w. someone else.

All I am saying is he should not have kicked regardless of what the raiders did or what you think they did. I thought that was clear in my initial post...smh

Cam isn't a punk and he isn't gonna be treated like one. Smitty does not like extra poo after he was already down either, if anything, he learned that from Smitty. Don't take poo from no one.

They were celebrating the sack, did you watch the game moron? ...WTF are you talking about

Start by making sense

oh ya...go fugg yourself

The announcer claimed Cam was upset at his celebrating.....announcers have a habit of making people think what they said is what happened

and Cam has kicked his leg when guys lay on them for WEEKS....

Not sure if serious...

Why wouldn't I be? Starting Anderson solves nothing. At this point we already know what we have with him. But Clausen is still young. Maybe he improved? Or maybe he could get lucky and have an awesome game and we can use him as trade bait?

It wouldn't happen though because Rivera wants to win but I mean, if his job was secure, I'd much rather prefer to start Clausen.

Why wouldn't I be? Starting Anderson solves nothing. At this point we already know what we have with him. But Clausen is still young. Maybe he improved? Or maybe he could get lucky and have an awesome game and we can use him as trade bait?

It wouldn't happen though because Rivera wants to win but I mean, if his job was secure, I'd much rather prefer to start Clausen.

People need to give up on this trading Clausen idea....

Unless his dad gets a GM job.....one game won't make a difference.

I'd rather watch DA. He sucks as bad as Clausen but at least he will go down swinging. Clausen can't play behind a GOOD OL. This OL is horrible. You don't want to watch a game of Clausen scrambling and throwing 1 yard downfield or out of bounds all game

People need to give up on this trading Clausen idea....

Unless his dad gets a GM job.....one game won't make a difference.

I'd rather watch DA. He sucks as bad as Clausen but at least he will go down swinging. Clausen can't play behind a GOOD OL. This OL is horrible. You don't want to watch a game of Clausen scrambling and throwing 1 yard downfield or out of bounds all game

I think Clausen sucks and I doubt he's improved. But why not give it a shot? You never know.

And how do you know 1 game won't make a difference? This is the NFL with a lot of reactionary front offices sometimes. If he had a Flynn like performance (unlikelt but still), you never know.

one game can make a HUGE difference for trade value of a backup QB. There are a lot of people that aren't convinced that Clausen is a complete failure. I doubt anyone would trade for him to build their team around though.

If we aren't trying to win, and if Cam isn't going to start, play Jimmy... But Cam isn't going to be suspended so none of this matters anyway.

The ref clarified later that the penalty was for what Newton said to him and that the contact was accidental...

Didn't like the kick on Kelly by Cam though. Who cares if they celebrate a sack? big deal. He can't let stuff like that get to his head....We're better than that. I hope someone on the team talks to him about that. I'll be surprised if he is not fined 4 that one too...deservedly

Smitty punking a DT was pure awesomness though....worth the fine...lol

If you watch carefully Kelly shoves Cams knee into the ground which causes Cam to go Nick.Hood on him. It wasnt the celebration, Kelly was being dirty.

well, made contact with him

I'd be surprised if he wasn't suspended. The Panthers aren't in the hunt for anything so little is effected if Cam is suspended. If our season was on the line, they would let it slide.

As far as Rivera, I'd like him to prove he can win without Cam. Sort of a real test for him. To me great coaches, figure out a way to win even when their star isn't there. To me if Cam isn't 100%, Rivera stands no chance.

If you watch carefully Kelly shoves Cams knee into the ground which causes Cam to go Nick.Hood on him. It wasnt the celebration, Kelly was being dirty.

Kelly was being dirty. He is a dirty player, or is at least starting to get that rep (remember the Raiders-Bengals game). He is not the sharpest dude in the world either, as he later talked about how they wanted to take out Cam because Palmer was out. In the wake of the whole Bounty-gate stuff, probably not the smartest thing to publicly say for an NFL player.

I was just annoyed that I was being quoted out of context, and being name called on top of that.

Again, I could care less what provoked Cam. All I was saying is what Cam did was not smart under ANY circumstances. We could have lost 15 yards. We are lucky the refs had little control of that game. If the kick was about respect, go up to Kelly after the game and handle your business. The whole "I'm not a punk, I don't take crap...bla bla bla" needs to be done on the players' personal time, and not on the field. Stupid penalties point to an undisciplined team, which in turn points to a coach that does not have control over his players. I hope that's not the case with us.

I'm done w. this thread...

Archived