• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam won't get suspended for a game, will he?

CardiacCats

Shoving a ref is supposed to be suspension. What a disaster that would be, I have a feeling RR fate is determined next week. A win and he'll probably be back and a loss he's done. But there's no way you could expect then to win without Cam, would be a disaster for JR/Ross in that decision making.

Short answer: No, for long answer; see below...

No, the NFL is a business first, then it's a sport; it's the last week of the NFL season... so the last thing they want is to not have a star player in a game since a lot of games won't have starters anyway due to locking up a postseason birth. Secondly, the NFL wants ratings and they know that if they suspend Newton that a lot of the Panthers fan base and even NFL fan base won't tune in.

Also contact with the official does not warrant an immediate ejection, it's actually at the discretion of the referee. Boger even said that the flag was not for contact (which he didn't believe was threatening) but it was actually for disrespect.

The ref clarified later that the penalty was for what Newton said to him and that the contact was accidental...

Didn't like the kick on Kelly by Cam though. Who cares if they celebrate a sack? big deal. He can't let stuff like that get to his head....We're better than that. I hope someone on the team talks to him about that. I'll be surprised if he is not fined 4 that one too...deservedly

Smitty punking a DT was pure awesomness though....worth the fine...lol

The ref clarified later that the penalty was for what Newton said to him and that the contact was accidental...

Didn't like the kick on Kelly by Cam though. Who cares if they celebrate a sack? big deal. He can't let stuff like that get to his head....We're better than that. I hope someone on the team talks to him about that. I'll be surprised if he is not fined 4 that one too...deservedly

Smitty punking a DT was pure awesomness though....worth the fine...lol

He didn't kick him for the celebration.

Did you not see Kelly wrap both his hands around Cam leg and try to jam it into the ground?

That's what Cam was reacting to.

Shoving a ref is supposed to be suspension. What a disaster that would be, I have a feeling RR fate is determined next week. A win and he'll probably be back and a loss he's done. But there's no way you could expect then to win without Cam, would be a disaster for JR/Ross in that decision making.

First he didn't shove a ref.

Second, it is a ref's judgement call to throw him out of that game. Ref made the call not to.

He will likely get fined though.

Also, I think the decision of RR is already made. If he loses a game with a 3rd string C, 3rd string RG, 2nd string LG @ NO....it wouldn't be a big deal.

Archived