• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is your Training Camp "Hopeful"?

AKPantherFan

I'm pulling for the one of the newest kids on the block, Anthony Scirrotto. One of the first things he did was go up and introduce himself to Fox, face to face, which to me shows respect. I like that in a new player.

interview i found with him..sounds like a good kid..fox loves that could make it on PC i am tired of nate sally

Anthony Scirrotto could have been a 2nd round draft pick in 2005, he was that good. Well a 2nd round draft pick in baseball that is. Scirrotto, however, chose to get an education and play for the legendary Joe Paterno. That education included 4 years of playing time, 3 years as a full time starter, and 2 First Team All-Big Ten Conference awards. He finished his career with 12 interceptions. For Scirrotto, his long awaited draft is soon upon him; this time it is the NFL Draft.

TFE: What is your accurate height, weight and 40 time?

AS: 5'11" 3/8, 203 lbs., 4.48

TFE: Describe your gJNe in three words or less.

AS: Aggressive, Physical, Fast

TFE: What do you feel is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you feel you need to improve in?

AS: I feel my greatest strength is my open field tackling. I can improve on is my man cover skills.

TFE: Who is the best player you have faced during your college football career?

AS: The best player I have faced was probably Brady Quinn

TFE: What NFL player do you do you think you compare favorably to?

AS: I like to compare my game to Eric Weddle of the Sand Diego Chargers or Sean Considine (just signed with the Jaguars).

TFE: What is your greatest football moment to date?

AS: The Outback Bowl my sophomore year. Best game of my career (8 tackles, INT, massive hit on Jayson Swain).

TFE: Did you have a favorite pro team growing up?

AS: My favorite team is the Eagles, favorite player ever was Deon Sanders.

TFE: How instrumental was your head coach Joe Paterno and your position coach Brian Norwood in your progression?

AS: Coach Paterno taught me a lot about not only being a great football player but being a great person off the field. My position coach Brian Norwood molded me into the player I am as well as helped me grow spiritually. A lot of my success is due to their constant willingness to help me improve on and off the field.

TFE: What have former college teJNmates now in the NFL told you about preparing for the league?

AS: That this is a year round job and that to be able to compete you have to be as prepared mentally in the film room as you do physically.

TFE: How have you been preparing for the NFL Draft?

AS: I have been training at D1 in Nashville, Tennessee with Kurt Hester.

TFE: Do you have any goals in mind when it comes to the NFL Draft?

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]--><!--[endif]-->

AS: Just to do the best I can at my pro day so this way I have the best opportunity to be drafted in April.

TFE: When you get your first professional paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?

AS: If I was going to buy anything it would be a nice watch, but not too flashy. But I’m more than likely going to get something for my parents first, because I owe them big time.

TFE: What was your favorite college course and why?

AS: Kinesiology 202, "Anatomy of the Body." I learned about every muscle, bone, joint and ligament, and got to experiment with a cadaver.

TFE: What is something football fans may not know about you?

AS: That I am the oldest of 6 with 3 brothers and 2 sisters.

TFE: What was the last good movie you saw?

AS: Taken

TFE: What do you plan to do once your playing career is over?

AS: I plan on getting a job as a medical salesman and spending a lot of time with my family going on vacations and supporting them while they play sports.

TFE: If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

AS: Jesus, just to personally thank him for his sacrifice and the many blessings he has given my family and me.

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/anthonyscirrotto2009nfldraftinterview090001.html

Well here's the problem with that interview, even as a white man, I can't help but simply think he named the white safeties of the league. Something about that tells me he hasn't really figured out what his game is all about. I would like to think he can shoot higher than Weddle and Considine if he really wants to make it

Archived