• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on the draft with our new likely draft spot

JawnyBlaze

Kinda doubt that

Gonna have to agree with chuck on this one, which I rarely do.

The thought of getting rid of Williams and drafting Bernard is fugging ridiculous. You are either a raging UNC homer or you just do not understand the NFL whatsoever.

These days, if you have a good o-line (like every winning team should have) you could plug in any proven NCAA running back from the 7th round and have success.

Gonna have to agree with chuck on this one, which I rarely do.

The thought of getting rid of Williams and drafting Bernard is fugging ridiculous. You are either a raging UNC homer or you just do not understand the NFL whatsoever.

These days, if you have a good o-line (like every winning team should have) you could plug in any proven NCAA running back from the 7th round and have success.

If we can D Williams, then a big slow, beast on third down Tolbert and Stewart will be our guys. Can live with that as long as Stewart does not get hurt. He has had foot ankle issues several times in his career. I would love to know what we have in our backups.

I have hated the fact that we put so much money into the RB position, but know you need good ones as they go down constantly. I never want to take a RB in the first again, especially with the offense we run. Was just thinking of trading in the big DW contrac for a much smaller one.

If we can D Williams, then a big slow, beast on third down Tolbert and Stewart will be our guys. Can live with that as long as Stewart does not get hurt. He has had foot ankle issues several times in his career. I would love to know what we have in our backups.

I have hated the fact that we put so much money into the RB position, but know you need good ones as they go down constantly. I never want to take a RB in the first again, especially with the offense we run. Was just thinking of trading in the big DW contrac for a much smaller one.

Even if that's the path, I'd be wayy more comfortable taking a flier on a RB in rounds 5-7. No sense in passing up on the potential talent available for our o & d lines, fs, and wr

I agree. I have advocated trench guys for a long time and still agree that is the way to go. Just which trench guys, I guess the form of offense and who runs the show will dictate.

Just thinking out loud on the UNC kid. I think that is probalby where he will be taken and I think he might be good at the next level.

All the talking now is based on VERY early ratings on each of these guys, so it won't come into focus for awhile.

true i just think we can nab Patterson in the second while either suring up our D line or O line in the first. how do you feel about williams out of baylor?

I think he is behind Allen, Hunter, Patterson, Rogers, and Woods. Same level as Patton, Hopkins, and the Beaver kid. I would rather pass on those 2nd tier guys and reach for Wilson in 4. Trenches first two rounds.

I think he is behind Allen, Hunter, Patterson, Rogers, and Woods. Same level as Patton, Hopkins, and the Beaver kid. I would rather pass on those 2nd tier guys and reach for Wilson in 4. Trenches first two rounds.

i think we need to trade down a little to either grab another second pick so we can get a good CB/S you think wilson could be a legit deep threat #1?

i think we need to trade down a little to either grab another second pick so we can get a good CB/S you think wilson could be a legit deep threat #1?

I do, his speed has been questioned by some, but he is a long strider. I probably like him more than most. He is as good as those 2nd-3rd rounders, just a basket case. I agree with your strategy of dropping back to pick up a 2, but as JOAT said sometimes those trades don't happen easily.

Archived