• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CardiacCats mock draft 4.0

CardiacCats

I'll do one now, then one at the end of the season, then one after the combine, then one sometime before the draft. i just love these things lol

I predict we pick 11th

OSU39-Sheldon_crop_exact_crop_exact.jpeg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Round 1 - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Mizzou - 6'2" - 295

This pick came down to two players and I was really torn, those two players were Taylor Lewan Michigan OT and Sheldon Richardson, the defensive tackle out of Missouri. It's time to accept the fact that we're not getting Star Loutelei or Luke Joeckel so it's time to start looking at other prospects. Richardson has had an insanely good year for the Tigers and I think he's the second best DT in the draft, he can be a cornerstone on the defensive line for years to come. On the year Richardson has 75 tackles, 10.5 for loss and 4 sacks. He has two qualities that are crucial for any dominant defensive tackle: explosiveness and a non-stop motor. He's very fast and has top-notch instincts, while defensive tackle is where he will mainly play at in the NFL he also does have the ability to line up at defensive end. He's a rare athlete for a defensive tackle who is very disruptive and has outstanding closing speed. He also has a phenomenal first burst. He's still a bit raw and he can't really "anchor" a defensive line, he also is a tad undersized but his athleticism makes up for that. His skill-set is similar to Gerald McCoy.

tj-mcdonald.jpg

Round 2 - TJ McDonald - FS - USC - 6'3" - 205

This is a pretty deep safety class and I think T.J. McDonald could be a great fit here. McDonald has ideal size for a free safety and has tremendous speed which allows him to cover a lot of ground. He seldomely gets beat in coverage (that would be nice for a change wouldn't it?) and can cover tight ends as well as be able to stay with about any receiver man-to-man. He's very physical and isn't afraid to lower his pads and stick a guy, he has that mean-streak that is needed on our defense. His ball skills could use some work but he doesn't seem to have many weaknesses. So far as a senior he has totaled 96 tackles, has 2 interceptions and a sack.

omoregie-uzzi.jpg

Round 4 - Omoregie Uzzi - OG - Georiga Tech - 6'3" 300

Cut Hangman, we should be able to find a good guard in round 4 that can start. This is a deep guard class, in most drafts Uzzi goes in round 3 easily but this year he definitely could slip to round 4. Uzzi is undersized, but he's really athletic and would probably fit best in a zone blocking scheme. He'll definitely enter the league pretty raw but with some work he can be a solid starter in the league for years to come.

caleb-sturgis-florida-gators-2012-SEC-570x379.jpg

Round 5 - Caleb Sturgis - K - Florida

Based, Strugis is based. This might seem pretty early for a kicker, but what are we gonna do? Take another CB late? Take another WR that is just another Pilares or Armanti? It's time we breakdown and actually find a franchise kicker, not one from fuging Candada. Brandon Sturgis gets bitches wetter than Justin Bieber on prom night. 23/27 this year and 3/3 from 50+, please take this guy instead of some bum that won't be on the team in three years but we'll call him a "diamond in the rough."

Round 6 goes to Oakland for Murph

Round 7 who cares, maybe a punter

4 starters right there boys

i think he'll make more of an impact for us than any WR in round 2 ever could. Deep safety class, need to take advantage of it

but there are better safety prospects on the board that could be had,and one of those 2nd round WR could really help out this offense were we need another threat on the outside.

Really good MOCK brother!!!!

I want Star so damn bad but I really do think we're going to lose out on Star, Hankins, and Joeckel.

I would love Sheldon Richardson. I havent seen much on him, but all I know is that his stock have rise every week. So the dude must be damn good.

I also love the TJ McDonald pick. We need a FS very bad, and it'd be a blessing if we got McDonald. Someone earlier compared him to Adrian Wilson, and I can fully agree with it. The only problem with the draft is we'll be giving up a 7th for Murphy instead of our 6th. Overall very good draft!!!

Archived