• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Year 3 will tell a lot about Newton

CardiacCats

Give Cam Kaepernick's receivers and this thread doesn't exist.

Who does SF have? Davis the only legit receiver.

Kaepernick has quickly become a fan of Crabtree but Crabtree wasn't really anything with Alex.

The way SF utilizes Kaepernick to his advantages is the main reason why theyre winning games. And Cam is much better than Kaepernick.

Plus how many times has our D been the one to lose the game

Several, but at the same time, how many times has Chud called three consecutive pass plays when we have the lead and need to run out the clock?

Instead of pounding up the middle and taking 40 seconds off the clock every down, Chud wants to be cute. Three incompletions; 19 seconds taken off the clock.

My stomach was turning at the end of the first half today. I think there were about 7 consecutive passing plays while we were up several scores.

There's no reason to make excuses for Cam. He is a professional football player. When someone asks "how can he improve?" You don't answer: "GIVE HIM THREE NEW WIDE RECEIVERS AND A GOOD DEFENSE AND A COACH AND AN OFFENSIVE LINE".

Sorry but that exactly what he's missing if he wanna win a Championship. He can't win it all by himself. It showed last season and this season that no one and Cam can't win it by themselves. Even Brady can't win by just having a really good offense.

Who does SF have? Davis the only legit receiver.

Kaepernick has quickly become a fan of Crabtree but Crabtree wasn't really anything with Alex.

The way SF utilizes Kaepernick to his advantages is the main reason why theyre winning games. And Cam is much better than Kaepernick.

I'd take Manningham and Moss over Murphy and Edwards 11 days a week.

It's not just the players. Its about who's calling the shot and knows how to utilize their players.

I agree with that, especially after watching the Singletary years.

but I can easily argue the Niners were winning with Alex Smith, too. They are a complete team. I think they could win with Grossman at QB. I think Clausen is the only QB who wouldn't win there.

Accuracy isn't just about completion %. It's about putting the ball in a spot were the receiver can get yards after the catch. How many times has Cam jacked up a screen pass that J Stew jumps 2 feet off the ground to haul in while the defense closes in? How many times has Steve had to reach back, slide to the ground, or otherwise adjust for a ball instead of run in stride? These are the hidden plays within a play the truly elite passers make.

So who are the elite guys at ball placement? Maybe Aaron Rodgers is one? Brady?

Did you see Rodgers' last game in 2011? Ever watched Brady or maybe Peyton throw an interception in the end zone?

The point is, too many people are over analyzing every throw that Cam makes because he happens to be our guy. Watch the other QB's in the league on a week to week basis and you'll see the same misses that make you scratch your head and the same poor reads that end up as interceptions.

Stop expecting perfection. It doesn't exist in this league.

I agree with that, especially after watching the Singletary years.

but I can easily argue the Niners were winning with Alex Smith, too. They are a complete team. I think they could win with Grossman at QB. I think Clausen is the only QB who wouldn't win there.

Alex didn't start winning till Harbaugh and Roman came in there last season.

Ball placement relies on timing just as much as it relies on QB accuracy.

Everytime an announcer says "the QB put it where only his receiver could catch it" I roll my eyes. They never give props to the WR reacting to the ball and positioning himself so the DB has to go through him to get to the ball.

One thing that would help Cam's numbers tremendously would an ability to pass well in the red zone. He's the kind of guy who leads elite drives but for whatever reason tightens up around the endzone and starts sailing passes. I feel like we can count on one hand the number of TD passes that Cam has thrown directly into the endzone from inside the 10. Usually, our coaches would rather use his legs in that position which is fine for now but something that needs to be addressed. Teams are starting to know what's coming when we get close and we can't have them keying on Cam down there.

I think the coaching has made him overly afraid of throwing interceptions. Instead of throwing a jumpball for Olsen every now and then, he'll zip it over his head and live another day. I don't like that approach. Trust your targets. That's why I was really happy to see Cam hook up with Smith in the endzone today on that short route. Those are exactly the kind of plays he should be making. Trusting Steve to get off his cover and pull it in.

Even that Jacksonville game time wasn't even an issue, he was able to operate it like a normal drive. The Minn game we got screwed by a horrible call then were Mare'd.... So that could have been one but we still took an L. I want to see a drive where there isn't much time left and he has to run a true 2 minute drill. Work the side lines, know when to spike the ball and when to use timeouts.

Archived