• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown's focus is on technique

scpanther22

The team's top pick has taken most of his snaps at left defensive end, which will put the undersized pass rusher head-to-head with the biggest offensive linemen the league has to offer.

Generally, the right end spot is the prime pass-rushing location, but that will be held down by Julius Peppers, assuming he shows up. In practices like the summer school going on now, that means Brown is lining up in front of mammoth right tackle Jeff Otah, a pairing that had Brown laughing — what with the Mutt-and-Jeff nature of the visual.

http://www.heraldonline.com/206/story/1379642.html

Really? Thanks for the info. I would have thought little speedy guys would give Otah the most trouble. Of course, Otah has a bit of an experience advantage and they weren't in pads yet. That would be a battle I would want to watch in TC also.

this is one of those contests that should make both players a whole lot better. brown better hope otah doesn't get hold of him. i could see brown getting thrown around like a rag doll. he better make sure his hands are keeping otah's hands off of him.

Yeah, that's gonna be a very interesting match up in TC.

Honestly though, I'm surprised they don't have Charles Johnson on the left side, because I always thought he was pretty strong against the run, even as a rookie. I guess that's why I'm a fan and not a coach.

i remember a while back debating with someone that brown would be on the left side and he said that would be dumb because that is where the bigger and stronger DE should be.

right side is for the player with the most tenure, imo. more a sign of respect for the more and longer established vet. at least that is the way it has pretty much been here. i believe it's pretty much true in a lot of situations.

What would really be nice would be for Johnson and Brayton to stay on the left and have Peppers get his poo together on the right with Brown as his backup on the right... takes the pressure off of Brown and gives him time to learn and mature... we'll see I guess.

so you would want to take peppers out to put brown in...if they are playing on the same side.on 3rd downs..?

i think we will see a lot of rotation this year..on the entire line...i dont think brown will start this year..but i think robert mathis got 11 sacks last year and he was not starter..thats what we need from him this year..

so you would want to take peppers out to put brown in...if they are playing on the same side.on 3rd downs..?

i think we will see a lot of rotation this year..on the entire line...i dont think brown will start this year..but i think robert mathis got 11 sacks last year and he was not starter..thats what we need from him this year..

Not necessarily take Pep out for Brown, but Pep does need a blow every once in a while... my intent was that this will give Brown time to learn and grow some before we dump him out there... maybe he won't need it? I hope he can go right out there and play, but realistically that's being very optimistic.

Archived