• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade for vince young

Fiz

With age comes the memories of being young. Most people were more emotional in their early 20's, add a lot of cash and there will be some stupidity.

Kerry Collins regrets how he handled the Panther situation but he is still a starter and has had a good career.

True. In the NFL if you can play someone will take a chance on you regardless of your issues. I am not so sure that his weaknesses as a player can be fixed though.

Certainly Young has time to turn himself around mentally, and he hasn't done anything as heinous as Collins did on or off the field as far as I am aware (though they did both quit on their team, the way Collins did it was different). But he is going to have to want to turn himself around and at this point, I haven't seen any indications from him that he realizes that he is the one with the issues and no one is holding him back but himself.

True. In the NFL if you can play someone will take a chance on you regardless of your issues. I am not so sure that his weaknesses as a player can be fixed though.

Certainly Young has time to turn himself around mentally, and he hasn't done anything as heinous as Collins did on or off the field as far as I am aware (though they did both quit on their team, the way Collins did it was different). But he is going to have to want to turn himself around and at this point, I haven't seen any indications from him that he realizes that he is the one with the issues and no one is holding him back but himself.

true..not sure i want to be the team that waits around for him to get his crap straightened out. how long did it take for collins? and how many tries?

btw....that bolded part reminded me of someone who not too long ago criticized the panthers for holding him back and i think that he needs to see that as well.

Young is going to have to learn that he's got to win a starting job on the field, not by whining in the media. He has no clout to do so, as pointed out in an earlier post, he is a head case, among other things. I think you keep him at arm's length. Let him be a project for some other team.

Interesting observation here, though. Young was replaced by Collins, who is now praised for his work ethic and for the 'stability' and 'maturity' he brings to the Titans. Contrast that with his earlier career, especially here. The point is that there may be hope for Young yet, but now is not the time to risk resources to find out. As I said, let some other team do that..

btw....that bolded part reminded me of someone who not too long ago criticized the panthers for holding him back and i think that he needs to see that as well.

Oh man, I can't believe that didn't occur to me when I wrote that!

This goes for both of them and any other player: fighting their battles in the media is never EVER what I want to see a player do. My opinion of them always takes a hit when that happens. I can't think of a single exception to that.

Just thought I would post this. It's from April 20th... :cornut:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4082898

"I am just going to keep my mouth closed, man," Young said, according to The Tennessean. "All I am doing this year is shutting up, just shutting up and working. I am going to smile and shut up and continue being Vince Young, a happy smiling guy. I am not going to get into the hoopla any more because of the fact I can't win any more, I see.

"I am just going to shut my mouth and play my role, and if they need me then I will be available as a weapon."

So? what changed??? I tells ya, he's a head case.

hey guys i know we can't bash delhommo on this board but seriously vince young won a heisman he won rookie of the year and could you imagine us running the wildcat with stewart, vince, williams and fiammetta on the field at the same time

praise vince young allahu ackbar

You are the true definition of a Douche Bag! Good job, moron. It will never happen.:bigear:

Archived